Author Topic: BLB Editor v0.1  (Read 12139 times)

I long ago made a brick maker that could handle print bricks and textured bricks, I made a topic about it somewhere...
Big differences...

Big differences...
I know, mine didn't require any work or knowledge of the blb syntax.
You'd just answer a few questions, link the program to a texture file (and that's only if you were making a textured brick) and it'd make it, packaged in a .zip and everything already.

You can download it from my site. Due to forum rules on sharing applications, I can not link to it directly. You can find the link to the file in my profile's signature.
You mean the non-existent rule?

It's not non-existent. It's just not written down. I have directly linked other BLB software before and Ephialtes warned me not to do it again.

rate 10/10 after work, I can't wait try it out!
EDIT: does it has select color?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:12:41 AM by Furling »

This is what the log.txt says.

Code: [Select]
07/02/2011 08:59:26
BLB Editor v0.1 by Zack "Zack0Wack0" Corr
Successfully started up.
Textures loaded successfully.

Seems normal to me. Refreshing doesn't work.
I made this though.
I don't get it.
Btw, that brick is just the 1x1 brick. Maybe I did something wrong on it.

Code: [Select]
1 1 3
BRICK

BLB Editor v0.1
-snip-

-snip

-snip

Features
  • Edit Blockland brick files in a partially styled text editor
  • The model is rendered along side the text editor for easy editing without booting up Blockland
Planned Features
  • Syntax highlighting
  • More generic text editing tools - find, replace, comment/uncomment, etc.
  • Face and vertex editing - select faces and vertexes and edit their positions, scale, colors, textures, normals, uv coords
  • Importing of multiple industry standard 3d model formats: 3ds, obj (definite), collada (maybe). If you have any other model formats you would like to see (besides .blend because it has no structure at all) then post them here.
Download
You can download it from my site. Due to forum rules on sharing applications, I can not link to it directly. You can find the link to the file in my profile's signature. YOU DOWNLOAD IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Changelog
0.1: first release
Bugs
All bottom edge textures are broken when rendering.. and I have no idea why. No matter what I do to fix it nothing works.
Perspective seems broken on some renders... not sure if its the rendering matrix settings or the way the vertexes are rendered. This should be easy to fix once I find the issue.
System Requirements
  • OpenGL - Most modern graphics cards come with it
  • Any operating system that can run .exe files - not positive if it works in every operating system. From what I've read with the python compiler I used it should work on everything. Tested on Windows XP.
Very nice, i did hope someone release something like that. it's not big now but with alot of work you could make it to an Brick Editor so we don't need to make the same bricks again.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 03:57:45 PM by Allstarland »

Very nice, i did hope someone release something like that. it's not big now but with alot of work you could make it to an Brick Editor so we don't need to make the same bricks again.

Learn to snip images. You didn't even need to quote the topic post.

You mean the non-existent rule?
You've been here since 2006 and do not know there's unwritten rules?

Learn to snip images. You didn't even need to quote the topic post.

Did it are you happy now?

It's not non-existent. It's just not written down. I have directly linked other BLB software before and Ephialtes warned me not to do it again.
Then what's the difference between linking to a freeware game and this?  If that is a rule, it's quite a ridiculous one.

Then what's the difference between linking to a freeware game and this?  If that is a rule, it's quite a ridiculous one.
You can link to a legitimate website. Just don't link directly to an executable file, Badspot is very strict about this.