Poll

Did the Toadstool Castle ever make you feel uncomfortable?

Yes, it scared the hell out of me.
Yes, it was very unsettling.
Yes, but I can't find a reason why.
Can't remember much about it.
I've never played Super Mario 64
No, but it was weird.
No, it was actually cheery and bright.
No, I can't find a reason it would be.

Author Topic: The Castle in Super Mario 64 - The most Eerie location on the N64?  (Read 6824 times)

I remember years ago, playing my Nintendo 64 and always playing the most popular game for it.

Super Mario 64. Nothing about this game was bad. In fact, it was possibly the best game I've played to some standards.

But one thing always stood out.

The Castle's interior scared me stuffless. I couldn't explain it at all! I was afraid of something, but I never understood what. I felt the castle was..wrong.

Looking back, I may have found out a reason why it was considered "scary". The whole place is friggin' empty, even in the remake! There's some toads, a boo and that's it.

It was creepy because the whole castle felt like something was always there, even though you never saw it. It gave you a feeling that you were watched, and the castle was lying to you. It looked like the castle was being forced to be happy and peaceful.

So discuss this, and post if you've ever been scared of this castle.

I first played it at age 4. I loved it, but the Bowser's battles freaked me out. :o

It felt like outside was just a room to.

I use to think I was alone also,

Until I found that fat lazy green thing on the roof.

Even though the fat lazy green thing committed Self Delete after you talked to it?  :c

agree

It seemed that the whole entire world was a lonely castle.

The "feeling that you're being watched" comes from the fact your cameraman can be seen. He's always watching you.

I remember parts of that game scaring the stuff out of me as a little kid. A lot of the worlds that you find in the basement were scary to me. The endless stairway also scared me pissless.

And then I grew up a bit, played Luigi's Mansion.

Bricks.

I had a heart attack when I saw the floating camera thing in the Mirror behind me for the first time.

I had a heart attack when I saw the floating camera thing in the Mirror behind me for the first time.

Don't get me started. I thought it was an enemy and I screamed

I hated the picture of bowser that was made out of fire, in an empty basement, with only torches.

I hated the picture of bowser that was made out of fire, in an empty basement, with only torches.

For a moment there I thought you were fixing to break into a creepy pasta.

For a moment there I thought you were fixing to break into a creepy pasta.

A creepypasta of super mario 64 would be loving scary

There is one. Its creepy.

im sure there is one.
CREEPY PASTA GOGOGO

gah ninja'd