Poll

Should we destroy the last bit of the smallpox disease?

Yes
No
Yes, but not for several years

Author Topic: Opinions - Should we destroy the last bit of the smallpox disease?  (Read 102946 times)

Punish those forgeters, 1 meal a day and nothing at all to do but sit there. They got themselves there for being loving stupid, why should we treat them well?

Punish those forgeters, 1 meal a day and nothing at all to do but sit there. They got themselves there for being loving stupid, why should we treat them well?
Maybe you should have read the latest post before posting.

Treat them as if they were in a 7-star Hotel

Treat them as if they were in a 7-star Hotel
Basically Belgian jails

In prisons that offer a GED program the prisoners that get a GED are half as likely to return, in prisons that offer college degrees almost no prisoners with degrees return. So we should focus more on educating them while they are in there. Also in most other countries conjugal visits are in effect, and some even have things like swimming pools, some even let prisoners go home on the weekends. In those prisons violence is almost nonexistent, I know everyone is all like "SWIMMING POOL WHY ARE THEY BEING REWARDED FOR DOING CRIME." It doesn't really change your life at all if prisoners are treated good or bad, I would rather they be semi-content and not starts riots and kill each other and kill guards, then lock them up for 23 hours a day and cause them to snap. I personally feel the only reason the vast majority of people are in prison is because society failed them, so we fail them, force them to commit crime to survive, and then lock them up for the rest of their lives. I don't find it a coincidence that the country where people have to work 2-3 jobs to barely feed their families is the country with the highest amount of prisoners.

It's proven in psychology that punishment is not an effective means of conditioning good behavior.
I was kidding.  :panda:

Because they're still human beings. It's up to us, those who aren't serial killers and rapists and sick forgets, to be humane, to do and exhibit what they failed at, and to just generally be better people.

Because they're still human beings. It's up to us, those who aren't serial killers and rapists and sick forgets, to be humane, to do and exhibit what they failed at, and to just generally be better people.
If a guy kills seven people, we can't kill him seven times, but we can cause him pain to make up for the loss of those live

If a guy kills seven people, we can't kill him seven times, but we can cause him pain to make up for the loss of those live
It's proven in psychology that punishment is not an effective means of conditioning good behavior.

That doesn't make any sense. How would causing him harm ever reconcile death? Chopping off his hands isn't going to bring people back to life. It only serves to show that we are just as unjust and evil as they are. It's pretty loving easy to be sadistic and evil, it's a lot more difficult to be compassionate and ethical.

prisons right now don't do much good. they don't change anyone, it just slows them down for a while. then they get out of prison and go back to doing the same stuff they were before.

yuki is talking sense.

Not to mention that most killers are psychologically disturbed and mentally ill, so in reality, you're torturing someone who doesn't actually comprehend the value of a life.

Depends on the sentence. If the person has done things that are FUBAR, kill them. People like that really don't deserve to live.