Poll

Should we destroy the last bit of the smallpox disease?

Yes
No
Yes, but not for several years

Author Topic: Opinions - Should we destroy the last bit of the smallpox disease?  (Read 101816 times)

I believe any addictive substance that has the potential to cause significant and direct damage to your body should be against the law to manufacture, distribute, and abuse. Our lives should not be spent just wasting away, becoming dependant to drugs to get by. If the Government has to step in to make us all make the right choice, then let there be a second Prohibition Era.

Again, the government has no right to tell us what we can or cannot do with our own bodies.

Americans are ensured their rights of Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness in the constitution.

Life = Right to live.
Liberty = Right to do what you want.
Pursuit of Happiness = Right to live the way you want.

Life is the first and most important right we're ensured. Now if the only way to guarantee your right to life is to violate the other two, then the government is obligated to do so. Things like cocaine abuse and driving without a seatbelt really do not hurt anyone besides yourself, but it puts your life in danger and that's something government exists to protect us from doing. まほ~

You forgot about the people who are really high and hit other people with their cars because of it.

Americans are ensured their rights of Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness in the constitution.

Life = Right to live.
Liberty = Right to do what you want.
Pursuit of Happiness = Right to live the way you want.

Life is the first and most important right we're ensured. Now if the only way to guarantee your right to life is to violate the other two, then the government is obligated to do so. Things like cocaine abuse and driving without a seatbelt really do not hurt anyone besides yourself, but it puts your life in danger and that's something government exists to protect us from doing. まほ~
1. Those rights aren't listed by precedence. Their precedence is entirely relative.
2. I've already argued that people have the right to death as a part of their right to life. The decision to live or not is entirely yours. Jeopardizing your life is also your choice entirely as long as it doesn't jeopardizes anyone else's.
3. The government was not created to enforce these rights, only to protect them from intervention.
4. The government does not protect us from doing something that puts ourselves in danger, they protect other people from a person putting someone else's rights at risk. I'd list contradictions but they're so obvious this makes me wonder if you actually think before you post.
I believe any addictive substance that has the potential to cause significant and direct damage to your body should be against the law to manufacture, distribute, and abuse.
Vicodin, novacaine, caffeine, aspirin, ibuoprofen, oxycodone, high fructose corn syrup, food dye, alcohol, liquor, dihydrogenmonoxide.
Everything and anything has the potential to cause psychological addiction. These are chemicals that can cause significant damage to your body. If you are talking specifically about chemical addiction, that depends entirely on dosage. So should chemicals that help people be banned because they can become addictive?
Our lives should not be spent just wasting away, becoming dependant to drugs to get by.
That's not your decision to make for everyone else. Everyone has the right to live their life how THEY see fit, not how YOU see fit.
If the Government has to step in to make us all make the right choice, then let there be a second Prohibition Era.
The government doesn't have that loving right, and what makes that choice "right", anyway? This isn't a decision of ethics, to drink or not to drink isn't a moral decision. Oh and completely ignore the fact that the Prohibition era was a catastrophe. People will do what they want no matter what.

HELL
loving
NO
It kills you slowly, everyone around you, and the environment.
People need to start buying those reusable cigarettes that are electronic and release vapor.

Yeah people have a right to forget themselves over
theoretically if you choose to go to a place where people who are loving themselves over (with drugs) then it's also your fault for going to such place and therefore you can't  bitch and complain since it's not like anyone forced you to go there

Life is the first and most important right we're ensured. Now if the only way to guarantee your right to life is to violate the other two, then the government is obligated to do so. Things like cocaine abuse and driving without a seatbelt really do not hurt anyone besides yourself, but it puts your life in danger and that's something government exists to protect us from doing.
Fair enough :o

lmao I barely even understood myself there but whatever ok

I believe any addictive substance that has the potential to cause significant and direct damage to your body should be against the law to manufacture, distribute, and abuse. Our lives should not be spent just wasting away, becoming dependant to drugs to get by. If the Government has to step in to make us all make the right choice, then let there be a second Prohibition Era.
Win. Drugs should have been banned a long time ago. I have a history of people smoking on my dad's side of the family and dying because of it. Sad but that is what you get for smoking you loving idiot

It wouldn't be a problem if cigarettes didn't give off smoke, or if pregnant mothers didn't smoke cigarettes during their pregnancies or if smokers smoked them in their houses around their children. Sure, you can kill yourself, but you can't kill other people.

If people want to kill themselves, let them do it. Just make it illegal for them to do it when others are around or when pregnant so know-one else has to die.

If people want to kill themselves, let them do it. Just make it illegal for them to do it when others are around or when pregnant so know-one else has to die.
I hope you realize that commiting Self Delete is a crime. Attempted Self Delete will get you put in jal and a psyco ward. Oviously you can't be sent to jail if you die, but you are arrested for self harm.

Let them smoke, let them pleasure themselves, it's something we all want, pleasure, smokers find smoking a pleasure.

cigars are loving amazing.

haters gonna hate

Should i make an video games opinion thread? JUST for video games like this thread used to be.