Author Topic: How does the MidAir message get sent to the client?  (Read 3310 times)

I'm making an add-on which shows new rewards (like the mid-air one), and i've already overwritten bottomprintall so it queues up messages. But for some odd reason, this doesn't affect the mid-air message. I've already tried overwriting commandtoclient to sniff all the commands being sent, but none are detected when someone is mid-aired.

So I'd like to know, how does the server tell the client someone has been mid-aired.

The message is displayed on the bottom, so it must be bottomprint.

Not helping, but I have a question;  Rewards?

Like, as in something along the lines of Halo 2 "Badges"?  If so, that'd be quite cool.

The same as rudy said only as bottom instead of center.
So it's like clientCmdBottomPrint("Hello World",10);
There's also serverCmdBottomPrint.

Not helping, but I have a question;  Rewards?

Like, as in something along the lines of Halo 2 "Badges"?  If so, that'd be quite cool.
It shows a message when you kill 3/5/7/9/11 people in a row, when you headshot someone, when you do x kills with weapon y, and some other stuff.
I'm also going to integrate kill ratios and stuff like that.
The same as rudy said only as bottom instead of center.
So it's like clientCmdBottomPrint("Hello World",10);
There's also serverCmdBottomPrint.
serverCmdBottomPrint doesn't exist to my knowledge.
The problem is, normally, when you do 2 bottomprints after eachother, only the second one gets shown, because the second one overwrites the first one. I've modified the bottomprint function so it queues messages (it shows message 1, waits x seconds and then shows message 2). However, when I midair someone and a different message should be shown too, it only shows midair. That's why I need to know how the message is sent to the client.

clientCmdCenterPrint( [text] ,[Rows], [time in seconds] )

I think he means what function does the print when you midair someone.

Badspot

• Administrator
commandToClient(%client, 'bottomPrint', "You Suck", 10);

nice Badpost....purly pwnage

commandToClient(%client, 'bottomPrint', "You Suck", 10);
i've already overwritten bottomprintall so it queues up messages. But for some odd reason, this doesn't affect the mid-air message.

What about clientcmdbottomprint(), which Badspot was implying (I think)?

Oh, sorry, I misread badspot's post.
Anyway, I've already tried subclassing commandtoclient, and it didn't out put anything on midair.