Author Topic: Item drop event  (Read 530 times)

I'm not entirely sure if this would be possible, but I had an idea for an input event that would activate if an item was dropped onto a certain brick. I couldn't figure out how to do this with other events, and I'm pretty sure there isn't an event like this. I'll explain it more if I'm being too confusing :o

Example: OnItemDrop - Self - SpawnExplosion

You're fine that this would give you no control over what item is dropped onto the brick?

This is an intriguing concept, and I am quite certain that no events can currently make such a feat possible. If I may ask, what would this be used for, exactly?

I know what I would use it for. My lab has an explosion reactor and I'm using rockets. The problem is the rockets aren't the explosion I want. This I would use by dropping a grenade in the hole(not armed). On impact with the brick it would spawn a small explosion and the brick would also spawn the next grenade.

This is accualy possible with Bots. All you need is Bot Events, and VCE. Heres how I would do it:

Make a spawn under the floor, about 3 blocks down. Then spawn a bot on it using Bot Event's Standard Bot. Add the following events:
Code: [Select]
OnBotSpawn > Bot > EditApearance > "HideNode" "ALL" "(leave this)"
OnBotSpawn > Self > FireRelay
(Delay around 200) OnRelay > Self > FireRelay
OnRelay > Self > VCE_IfValue > "<var:(Player or Vehicle, not sure what will work):item1>" "==" "(Item name)" " "
(Delay 30000) OnVariableTrue > Self > RespawnVehicle (To remove the item, you could use SetInventory or something else)
OnVariableTrue > Self > DoWhatever

First the bot will spawn, and become invisable. It will also start a relay. Then when you throw the weapon, the bot will pick it up, making it item 1. The relay will know that he has the item, then respawn the bot after 30 seconds to remove the item (You can use RemoveItem, or SetInventory if you have them).

You will need to make sure that you cant throw the weapon anywhere else and get away with it though. I recomend testing around seams for this.

Its quite clever what you can do with bots.

maybe 1 were when you die its drops weps

maybe 1 were when you die its drops weps

That's not at all what we're discussing here, and that event is already on RTB. Please read before posting.