Author Topic: Joints  (Read 2656 times)

How would I make one.

Does anybody have a model of a Blockhead with his arms OUT? instead of at his sides?

The main part of the vehicle is not rendering, and it did'nt look like the animation was working right either.

What joints do I need for a turret? I know mount0 but do I use muzzlePoint for the gun, because I read Barrel100 somewhere.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 06:41:39 PM by Butler »

alt+f4 works

but on a srs note, Events and bots

alt+f4 works

but on a srs note, Events and bots

No, I mean, like vehicle wise.

What program do you use?

Are you able to script what you make?

Can you make: Cars and weapons?

Do you know the basics of animation in your program?

What program do you use?

Are you able to script what you make?

Can you make: Cars and weapons?

Do you know the basics of animation in your program?

Milkshape

Yes.

Yes, I have made weapons and I have made a vehicle that works just fine. I want to add a turret to it though.

Yes.

Things like the Tank Turret are actually player types, not vehicles.

You need to make a model with animations as .dsq files rather than embedded in the .dts. At least "root" (still pose) and "look" (how the turret changes when you look up and down, I'm not sure of the specific frames needed) are necessary otherwise the game will crash, other animations like firing can also be added. (you need them to "blend" or some similar option with that look animation)

So I just need to animate my model moving up, down, left and right? Or can I just add joints?

You need to animate it looking up and down only. Joints like "mount0" "mount1" allow you to mount e.g. particle effects to it as well.

To be exact, it has to start facing directly upward. Then the animation is it going down facing directly down. The keyframes are from 1 to 30.

Just up and down?

What about left and right?

Looking left and right does not have to be animated, it just rotates the model around its origin point. Compare the player model bending at the waist or Tank Turret at the joint to it just turning to the sides with no extra animation.

Where do I add joints? I know know for the barrel, what do I name it.

EDIT: Do I need a joint to animate?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:14:34 AM by Butler »

EDIT: Do I need a joint to animate?
Yes, in order to animate in Milkshape, you need joints assigned to the pieces you want to move. As to what they are called, I would hazard a guess that the mount is mount0 or mount1, and the barrel would be muzzlePoint, but I'm not certain.

Holy stuff it thought you said you knew basic animation. Of course you need joints.