Author Topic: Blockland Retail Stuff Webpage  (Read 3932 times)

Hey what does the System>Games category for?
I will change it into Minigames.

Hey Zerosan, I want to help out too.

Heres a small tutorial on using Macros:

::Using Macros::

About: Macros are extremely useful. They allow you to do repetitive building in a matter of seconds. When using macros, make sure you follow the below steps and it will work for you.

1) :Binding Macro Keys: (If done already, skip to step 2.)
   Press Ctrl+O to bring up the options menu if in game. If your at the main menu, simply click 'Options'.

Click on the 'Controls' tab. Scroll down to the seventh section, titled 'Building'.
  At the bottom of the section, you will see 'Toggle Build Macro Recording' and 'Playback Build Macro'. More on those later. Right now, double click on 'Toggle Build Macro Recording'. Now press a key you want to use, but make sure its not already in use. I use 'NUMPADDIVIDE', above the 8 on the numpad. Now double click 'Playback Build Macro', and press the key you want for that. I use '*', above the 9 on the numpad.

2) :Execution:
   First off, prepare the bricks needed for your macro. In this example, lets use a 1x1. Second, place a ghost brick. Press the 'Toggle Build Macro Recording' button. A message should appear saying recording has started. Now place the brick, then go up one and place it again. Then, move the brick one down, and over one. In simpler terms, place, up, place, down, left. Then press 'Toggle Build Macro Recording' agan. It should say you just ended it. So far so good. Now press 'Playback Build Macro' (while facing the same way) and you should see the macro execute.

3) :Tips: (make sure you read these if it's not working for you)

Rotation) When using macros, you may need to rotate pieces during one. When making a repeating macro, (see next tip) make sure you set the rotation back to the original piece. Like if you rotates it clockwise twice, you would need to rotate it counterclockwise twice before ending it.

Repeating) To make macros even more faster, you will need to utilize repeating macros effectively. To do this, you end the macro with the ghost brick of the original piece in the spot you wish to start the macro again in. ie. in the first example, I had you place the ghost brick to the left one. Why? Because this way, you can press 'Playback Build Macro' again without putting the ghost brick in the right place.

Coloring) Macros record what color the original was. Smart right? Well you may want a multi colored macro. You know how when you place a brick, its your current spray can color? Well while doing a macro, just switch colors before placing the brick. Don't worry, it wont mess up your macro.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may update this with new tips or for aesthetic purposes.

Um, one question, Isn't that what these forums are for????????

ahem, DUH

He's trying to organize, and make it easier to find stuff.

And just a tip, try to get finished add-ons, so it stays clean and has working ones, not full of crap like the forums.

@Neozuki:
Right :D, I'm working on it right now.

I've added your tutorial.

@Tapemaster21:
You could've looked in the about page, there is a statement about why I create the page.

@all:
It would be nice if some people could pass me some addons I can add to the page.
Just send me a PM. ( Later on I will add a contact-form on my page, so the Blockheads can send me mails to).

*UPDATE* I've added a Chat to my page, it's a IRC Applet. Further connection details are mentioned on the same page as the Applet and also on the News Page.

Greetings
  Zerosan
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 01:56:02 PM by Zerosan »

Sorry for the Double post, but it's a bigger Update now.
Finally there are the first Addons on my Page.

All Addons are from Aloshi,
you can find them in Tools and in Weapons.
The Pullray and the DoorCreator where unreleased since yet.

Greetings
  Zerosan

Add every thing from the Forums, Only having Aloshi stuff is quite Crap.

Believe me, I wish I could.
But I better ask for allowance, I don't want any stress with an Author of a Mod.
So, what about your Mods? Just sent me a PM what I should add.

Greetings
  Zerosan

Okay, I'm working on the next thing right now,
a little change is done now.
I moved to a free webspace so the webpage is reachable much faster now.
The next step is the implementation of the first user system.

direct adress: http://zerosan.kilu3.de/blrstuff
short-adress: http://blrstuff.dl.am

Well, you could start working on the chat applet too. *rolls eyes*

You should ask Kaje if you can put up his work..since his (IMO) have always looked like Badspot made them(like if they should have been in the game already).

I'm doing that here.

If the author wants his work taken down, they will have to contact me.

You should put everything in a div container, and center the container.

Page with new Layout, but no content would be nice if you rate it a bit ^^

Okay, a little update now.

I've started a new layout cause of missing modularity in my code.

Coming Updates:
 - Support for multiple Styles. (Not fully implemented but prepared)
 - User system for Uploads, Ratings, Comments etc.

Planned:
 - When this project gets enough users I will set up a forum that is connected to the existing user system.
 - Same condition as above. I want to set up a IRC Chat (Applet will be ready and steady on the page) dedicated to BLR.
 - Integration of a Gallery where you can upload screenshots and BLR related stuff.

---------------
Side Project: Switching to a private server for a faster connection.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 12:04:57 PM by Zerosan »