What's more important?

Graphics
3 (3.3%)
Gameplay
54 (60%)
Both are important
33 (36.7%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Author Topic: Do real gamers care about graphics?  (Read 16681 times)

In my class, there are some other boys who tend to call themselves gamers because they play and know everything about Black Ops and all that stuff (Black Ops is, like, the only game they ever play). One of them wanted me to show Minecraft because he had heard me talk about it, so I opened Youtube and showed him a gameplay video. Some of the others came along and watched. After watching like 10 seconds of the video, they all agreed that it sucked. The reason?

The graphics.

They didn't even let me explain what you were supposed to do. Well, one of them did, but I don't think he cared at all.

So, the question is, do true gamers care about graphics? Do games have to be realistic and stuffed with effects to be good for them?

I dont mind graphics.

But I'm an indie gamer.

A true gamer will appreciate graphics in a game, and tolerate bad graphics if the game itself is good.
In my honest opinion, Minecraft has better visuals than Call of Duty.

A true gamer will appreciate graphics in a game, and tolerate bad graphics if the game itself is good.
In my honest opinion, Minecraft has better visuals than Call of Duty.

Yeah, good graphics are a nice thing to have but if the gameplay is solid and entertaining we can do without
See; Dwarf Fortress for an extreme example

Anyone is plays COD isn't a gamer, they're a COD friend. A gamer is someone who plays variety of games not just 1 stupid loving game, e.g. World of Warcraft/CoD.

Graphics doesn't matter, its the enjoyment of the game itself, meaning if you enjoy having high details graphics is what you like and if you enjoy the intense gameplay you like that.

Anyone is plays COD isn't a gamer, they're a COD friend.

Even if they only played the first CoD and it's expansion but none of the sequels? :C
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:01:37 PM by Tokthree »

Graphics are used to immerse the player into the game. If you are immersed into a game lacking good graphics, it's still a good game.

The better the graphics, the better the potential of the scenery / exploration, etc. If Oblivion had NES graphics, would it be anything near as good as it is?

The better the graphics, the better the potential of the scenery / exploration, etc. If Oblivion had NES graphics, would it be anything near as good as it is?

16x16 pixel texture pack go?  :cookieMonster:

tell the kids this.

graphics don't make a game. if a game with bad graphics has great gameplay, the graphics can be tolerated.

Minecraft has good graphics, it's just the art style.

Sonic The Hedgehog > Sonic The Hedgehog 2006

Graphics doesn't make the game, but I tend to stick to 3D games because I had bad experiences with 2D ones. (I haven't found one I stuck with for more than a half hour)

Graphics doesn't make the game, but I tend to stick to 3D games because I had bad experiences with 2D ones. (I haven't found one I stuck with for more than a half hour)
maplestory