180degree pirate cannon

Author Topic: 180degree pirate cannon  (Read 745 times)

I like the pirate cannon but I don't like how it rotates a full 360 degrees. If it's possible then someone should make a pirate cannon rotate only 180 degrees. Also 90 degrees and -90 degrees would work fine as well. The pirate cannon just seems a little over powered, since it can rotate at any direction just about anyone can turn it around and fire back at their base.

The pirate cannon just seems a little over powered, since it can rotate at any direction just about anyone can turn it around and fire back at their base.

uhh
aren't ALL turrets like this?

uhh
aren't ALL turrets like this?

Yes they are but I am not getting into details here about all the turrets we have.

I don't think this is possible without adding some kind of loop to check, and then when you try to turn more than the certain degree, it would have to hackily set your players look direction somewhere else. Adding a player look limit left and right, as well as player turn speed(so turrets don't always turn so fast), would be cool.

I don't think this is possible without adding some kind of loop to check, and then when you try to turn more than the certain degree, it would have to hackily set your players look direction somewhere else. Adding a player look limit left and right, as well as player turn speed(so turrets don't always turn so fast), would be cool.
What about just setting a camera pan limit?

Is it possible?
I'm pretty sure.
You can do that sort of thing with vehicles and passengers. One sec

Edit: Yndaa ftw
Edit again-

Looking into the script i found the camera look angle code  
Code: [Select]
uiName = "Jeep ";
rideable = true;
lookUpLimit = 0.00;
lookDownLimit = 0.00;

ive already changed mine but you change the value of look up and down limit to whatever angle you want it, when set at 0.00 and 0.00 the player laid flat with his legs, change it to whatever angles you want it locked on such as .50 .50 to stay still or .50 .0 and it should beable to sit up straight or look down all the way.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 08:51:24 AM by Treynolds416 »

He isn't looking for looking up and down, he is looking for turning side to side.