Author Topic: forgeted up Ban Reasons  (Read 310 times)

I emailed Badspot a few days ago about two issues. One of them was about the problem with ban reasons. When I get banned from the server, I can't see the reason as it is forgeted up in random characters.

I know that this is a problem for everybody, but at least I post this thread to discuss why ban reasons are forgeted up.

Sometimes it works, and sometimes it forgets it up. The information that is hidden when the ban reasons are forgeted up is:

* You cannot see how long you were banned for
* You cannot see who banned you (unless there was only one admin or only the host on the server)

I'd say this is a side-job to get fixed in my point of view out of all the crucial problems on Blockland. Badspot said he coulden't get around the problem.

If you were banned when the reason was forgeted up, it would appear as if it was hiding a swear word in characters like &, %, @ etc.

I think it happens when you get disconnected from the server before the full message is sent, which would probably be the result of having too long of a reason.

I think it happens when you get disconnected from the server before the full message is sent, which would probably be the result of having too long of a reason.

Hey, I said that somewhere. :panda: To be more specific, I think the ban message is cut off by the disconnect, making the actual text come out a jumbled mess of sent pure data...