Author Topic: Animation problems  (Read 1394 times)

I have NO idea/clue as to why it is not spawning properly.
The first picture is what it SHOULD look like, the second picture is what it does look like.
I included the script just in case. Don't flame me because it's a copy of the tank script. I'm most likely NOT going to release this.

Read my post on bottom of page
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 09:33:48 PM by Butler »

Why? :c (i dont even know what it is)

Why? :c (i dont even know what it is)

Why what?

It doesn't matter what it is, I showed you what it SHOULD look like in the first picture.
But what it looks like in game is in the second picture.

I thought that would be quite obvious...

The joints are connected, that may be causing it.

They're supposed to be connected.
I copied it from here, http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=118661.0

Joints are never supposed to be connected for vehicles.

Strato may have done this unknowingly, or he may have done it to make sure nobody incompetent could steal his stuff.

Also, your other topic is locked, even though you bumped it to ask for help with joints.

The most likely thing to name the barrel is indeed muzzlePoint. I do not know for sure, but it is a 90% sure thing. Try it, and if it doesn't work, try barrel.

The numbers after the name of the joint don't matter, but you should attach an "100" to the end of all of your groups, for the bot turret. Adding a number to the end of joint names makes problems, I'm pretty sure.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 02:43:00 PM by Treynolds416 »

The most likely thing to name the barrel is indeed muzzlePoint. I do not know for sure, but it is a 90% sure thing. Try it, and if it doesn't work, try barrel.

Its called muzzlePoint/muzzleNode because the script forces a joint called "muzzlepoint"/"muzzleNode" to fire the star emitter, spawn the bullet object, and the smoke emitter. somewhere in the script you can find this and change it, i think you find it in the state system.

Its called muzzlePoint/muzzleNode because the script forces a joint called "muzzlepoint"/"muzzleNode" to fire the star emitter, spawn the bullet object, and the smoke emitter. somewhere in the script you can find this and change it, i think you find it in the state system.
Thought so.

Butler, just leave it as muzzlePoint

Thought so.

Butler, just leave it as muzzlePoint

K, now, im going to be an ass/idiot.

What joints do I need?

I ogt mount0, and muzzlePoint, any others?

I know, I'm an ass/idiot/impatient.

K, now, im going to be an ass/idiot.

What joints do I need?

I ogt mount0, and muzzlePoint, any others?

I know, I'm an ass/idiot/impatient.
Those are the necessary ones. Try it out already, for godssake.

THIS ONE

My animations aren't working in game now. In the OP, they were working fine, just spawned funky, but now they just don't work.

EDIT: I have t_look cyclic.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:21:11 PM by Butler »

What did you do differently other than remove the linking joints?

What did you do differently other than remove the linking joints?

Other than remove the links, I renamed barrel100 to muzzlePoint. That's it.

Other than remove the links, I renamed barrel100 to muzzlePoint. That's it.
Try re-assigning your joints to the meshes.

Then run the animations in Milkshape and report on what happened.