Author Topic: Scaling a brick while it's planted. - Resolved  (Read 1321 times)

Is it possible to scale a brick midrun or am I stuck with staticshapes? What I'm trying to do is a farming mechanic where the plant slowly grows to its adult forum. The only differences between the mature plant and the growing plant would be its scale and its color. Tiny pinetrees, anyone?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 07:02:11 PM by Pie Crust »

You can use %brick.setDatablock() to change a brick's type after you've planted it, but that can cause issues as bricks aren't supposed to change datablock after they've been planted. Your best option to do that is to delete the old brick and create a new one.

But, you seem to just want to scale something up, not change its datablock. Bricks can't be scaled so, unfortunately, you would have to use a static shape or create multiple different datablocks: one for each stage of growth.

Considering the situation, various datablocks would be an overkill. I guess I'm stuck with the shapes. Thanks, trinick.

You could do it like the door bricks!

You could do it like the door bricks!

Which is different datablocks, like I mentioned.

But to save up datablocks, the growth will be choppy instead of a smooth scaling (+0.05 for each axis until it hits 1).