"Blockland Stealth", oh jesus another RTB clone.

Author Topic: "Blockland Stealth", oh jesus another RTB clone.  (Read 7325 times)

There needs to be a total conversion mod with some neat features. And I'm talking about in-game stuff and not this IRC, add-on downloading bullstuff.

I highly doubt that Jeep has the knowledge to develop such thing, even if Blockland even supports what he claims he will add.

Chances are he made that thread before he even attempted the scripting and whatnot. It sounds like it would be too good to be true, if it were run by someone competent. I wouldn't really know, but I doubt half the things he's advertising are possible.

There needs to be a total conversion mod with some neat features. And I'm talking about in-game stuff and not this IRC, add-on downloading bullstuff.
A? Conversion?
Conversion of what?

I remember Jeep, he was a pretty cool guy but he had an starfish friend that was always at his server so I stopped going.

On Topic: My opinion is that its probably going to fail.

Quote from: Jeep
How is trading private mods anything like RTB Mod Manager? RTB MM is a public downloads system based off RSS feed. There's nothing wrong with that, but the two are nothing alike.

A? Conversion?
Conversion of what?
A total conversion of blockland.
Never seen a total conversion mod? All the GTA games at least have one.
There isn't much to change in Blockland alright but you could change most of the things with the know-how and time.

A new menu
New avatar stuff
Own online servers with what the hell ever.
Not just simple add-ons.

A mod with a own Story Mode in it and add-ons which are JUST available in this mod with everything changed.

Everything sounds silly, I know, but I lack the intelligence to explain any better then that.

Draw yourself a picture of it.

its going to be nothing like blockland cloud
at that, barely rtb

i say just let him make it and see how well it turns out
no need to start fights

If this was some kind of RTB clone, then Ephi would have locked and removed it.

NoEdit:

Quote from: Jeep
Stealth is not really a mod for Blockland. It is an actual program. However, there are certain things that bring the two together. There are features that allow Stealth and Blockland to collaborate. I won't list them yet. Stealth is not a local filebase that starts Blockland for you. Stealth is a MySQL Database and FTP Driven Social Network created 100 percent by me. This has 0 features that RTB has, let alone a chat feature. Users can create PHP or Flash apps and submit them for approval and for users to use. I incorporated Voice Messaging, Inbox, News, Personal Profiles, Friends, Private Mod Market(give and get),Video Network(Users can upload vids now. Eksi's vids will appear as a featured video on homepage), Clan Management, and a theme to match the name Stealth. Let me get into detail with my favorite features...
============
= Mod Market =
============
Mod Market(MM) is a private mod trading network. MM lets anyone upload any rare add-on such as the mininuke, city rp, and so forth. Users create an inventory of mods. This works well actually. Users use the new item dialog to create describe and upload their new inventory item. After that, it needs to be approved. If the user said it was City RP, and the Mod Dept. reviewer sees that it is a valid City RP, then it will be approved. The Mod Dept. Reviewer will also make the name City RP so it is not misleading to buyers(Mai vrsun of cityarrpee!1! = City RP). When the mod is approved, the user is free to do what they like with it. They can choose to upload the mod for auction. They use the Upload Item Dialog to specify what mod they want in return for this mod. Say the user wanted Mininuke. They would type in Mininuke, and that would be the return request. After that, it is on the Market. When a user with the Mininuke in their inventory responds, the original poster is sent an automated message saying the mod is ready for pickup. The user will then download the mod. After the OP downloads the mod, the responder may download it. The mod is then taken off the Market and returned to its inventory. You also get a tracking number for your mod. This is so if your users on your server want to know when the mod will be on the server, or if you want to trade with a specific person, you give the number to the person. Some posters require your signature to download the mod though. This is simply saying you sign for the package. That seems complicated, but it's really not.

===============
= Voice Messages =
===============
This feature is simple. This allows users to send each other 60 second voice messages. When you get a new message, you get an inbox message, accompanied by the voice message. You can download the message, or play it back at any time without downloading it.

=======
= Clans =
=======
Clans is one of my favorite features. Clans allows users to create and join clans. You use the New Clan Dialog to fill out credentials for your clan, like the name, type, description, ect. After that, the clan is yours to control. Users who want into your clan can send you a BLS file or a ZIP file directly as their app. Using the App Management Dialog you can approve, or deny the app. When you approve it, the user is put in automatically. With that, you can post news, events, a logo, and a description for your clan page. There's more into this, but I don't find it necessary to get anymore into the details.

======
= Ads =
======
This allows you to post ads to the Front Page of Stealth. You do this by uploading a banner image to Jeepserver via the New Ad Dialog, and a link that will open in the Stealth browser(See Browser). It has to be approved, and it has to be about Blockland. No crappy 2 minute paint ads will be accepted. Just a quality banner ad for your server, clan, mod, ect.

=======
= Profile =
=======
Profile is self explanatory. You can post news to your profile, a custom bio, a birthday(you get a friendly message from Jeepbot on your Birthday), avatar, clan information(automatically detects what clan you are in), and so forth. Users can also comment on your page(Hi!).

========
= Friends =
========
The Friends System allows users to send other users Friend Requests. When a new Friend Request is received, it will display within 30 seconds on the receivers front page:
Friends(4) = 4 Friend Requests
Friends(1) = 1 New Request

Friends automatically display on the users profile in their Friends List.

========
= Video  =
========
Brick Video allows users to submit videos of lengths up to 30 minutes. Users can post descriptions, Who was in this video, Title their video, and of course commenting and rating. Eksi is the Video Dept. head and his videos post to the front page under the video section.

=======
= Apps =
=======
Users can submit PHP or SWF apps for Blockland users to use. The apps have to be uploaded, and approved before they can be used. They also have to pertain to Blockland. I figured some devs could have some fun and see what the community thinks of their apps.

=======
= News =
=======
News is posted directly to the front page of Stealth for everyone to see. News can be drama, update, change logs, etc. Just use your imagination for what can be posted. Blockland News.

=================
That is not a list of ALL the features, just the bigger ones.
=================

FAQ:
Q) How does this mod the actual game?
--A) There are certain things you can choose to do. One is to make Blockland look like Stealth by giving it a Stealth theme. There will be more there to come. I prefer the users to create this though.

Q) You don't have the knowledge to get this done.
--A) I assume that is why I am around 70% done.

Q) What is this secret stuff Iban was talking about?
--A) I think he was talking about the Moderator Control Panel or the Admin Control Panel. Those are obviously restricted. The only other thing that I grant to users are stickers. Stickers appear on that users profile and they have to do something to earn it like Contribute, or be a Moderator or news poster etc.

Q) When will this be done?
--A) Well. I guess within a few months. I don't want to really rush perfection to release bugs.

Q) Are you a single developer?
--A) Yes.

Q) What is DarkLight doing?
--A) He provided me with a server and a website

Q) Why is this in drama?
--A) People jumped to the conclusion that I was copying RTB.

Q) Why didn't you make this a fully ingame mod?
--A) I figured that we needed some variety of things rather than someone making a clone of another mod.

Q) Why are you copying RTB?
--A) This has 0 features of RTB. If you consider the Stealth Chat System, but that's not even web based or IRC. It was created by Jeepserver.

Q) How are you getting this around Ephi?
--A) I think he gets and understands what it is.

Comments from Jeep:
My website that appears on Google Cache is messed up. I had a problem with our old server, and Dark switched us over. The site didn't look ugly when it was not broken. Also, I am waiting for someone to say "OGM DIS ARE ANUTHER VISHUL BASIC PROGRUM!1111!!". First person to say that is an idiot. Just because you can create calculators and I can create MySQL social networks doesn't mean that me programming with VB to speed up the process makes it a bad language. I do know C, CSharp, and C++, but honestly, I do not want to waste the time bothering with it. It would take at least a year to get around 70 percent of the features done in C with less results. I have been working on this for about 3 or 4 months now. I have most of the features done:

-Inbox
-Voice Message
-News
-Mod Market(Almost done)
-Profiles
-Friends
-Apps
-Ads
-Forum Connector(Almost done)
-Stealth Browser(Featuring the IMMC code)
-Registration
-Login
-Reporting
-Administrator Panel / Freezing / Banning
-More that I can't think of because its been a while...

====

Those are some nice pictures.

Oh wait.

This is quite unlikely and very homoloveual.
Idiot.

NoEdit:

Okay.

Change RTB to Afterblock and I think were good.

But either way competition is good for Icy.

Okay.

Change RTB to Afterblock and I think were good.

But either way competition is good for Icy.

Jeep has acknowledged that his program is nothing like Platinum Blockland or AfterBlock. Personally I'm not sure what it is, I think its online tools mixed with some sort of social networking concept in-game.