Prints with proper lighting

Author Topic: Prints with proper lighting  (Read 864 times)

Would it be possible to get a print to actually set its lighting according to the sun? I made a pack of minecraft textures, and there is no transparency, but the textures glow like a bitch

Darker bricks/prints?

I'm talking about prints that automaticly change they're lighting when you have a light by them, like a regular brick

Basically, he wants prints affected by the sun's lighting

I like this idea...but can't this be fixed by making your print slightly transparent?
I still want prints to have proper lighting however.

A quick fix for the letters would be to make the prints black, not white.

Tom

A quick fix for the letters would be to make the prints black, not white.
The prints are currently white with a black outline so they show up on any color of paint.

And I think black prints on a white brick would still glow.

You would have to make them completely black, and use transparency. Anything not black will glow in the dark.

Quote from: Badspot
Lighting does not effect the textures because they use the GL_DECAL blending mode.  I do not know how to have a texture that shows the vertex color through the alpha channel and still has lighting in fixed function openGL with only one render pass.  It might be possible but I don't know how to do it.  If you can tell me how, I will gladly implement it.

I like this idea...but can't this be fixed by making your print slightly transparent?
I still want prints to have proper lighting however.
I made a set of Minecraft prints with Metal as well.
We tried everything, including transing it, but nothing worked. Transing it only makes it more of the color the print is on.