Path Camera Events [V.1.5]

Author Topic: Path Camera Events [V.1.5]  (Read 13638 times)

Woo, it's here! This has been released on RTB, but you can find my new updates first here as I would like it tested before releasing to RTB.

Here is the download link:
Event_PathCam.zip
This requires my actual Path Camera Mod to work; You can find it here:
Path Camera Mod

Use:
sendPathCam: [Output Event] You can find this under the "self" tab after you choose an input event. The parameters for this event goes respectively: "Name of brick to go to","Where is it looking?","Name of brick to look at", and "speed".
  • "Name of bricks to go to": Here you input the names of bricks you want the path camera to go to. Names are separated by commas and should be in the order you want the camera to go to. For example what you would type in could look like: "Brick 1,Cabin Door,Lavaplate"
  • "Where is it looking?": There are 7 options here: North, East, South, West, Up, Down, and Brick. If you choose brick, type in the name of the bricks you want to look at in the next text box.
  • "Name of bricks to look at": Only fill this out if you chose "Brick" in the previous list. The rules are the same as the "Name of bricks to go to" text box. If you leave this blank the camera will just look at the brick it is heading towards.
  • "Speed": This is the speed at which the path camera will fly, default is 2.

onPathCameraReceived: [Input Event] This is called when a path camera finishes it's path and arrives at its destination. This allows for smooth complex paths if you want multiple angles.

Also post any bugs you find here, the more details you post the easier and quicker I can fix it. Have fun!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 02:39:40 PM by lilboarder32 »

Yay
Now we could make cut scenes and stuff!

Very nice. Focus on removing bugs please, the OnPathCameraReceived can be done with delays, although it would be easyer.

Very nice. Focus on removing bugs please, the OnPathCameraReceived can be done with delays, although it would be easyer.
Please specify which bugs. I need you to identify them so I know what to look for.

Nice! Ive been awaiting this as I said.

Add a feature so you can set another named brick as the camera focus..
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 12:37:19 AM by Mr.Noßody »

Nice! Ive been awaiting this as I said.
I MADE THIS FOR YOU!!!

I MADE THIS FOR YOU!!!

I am honored sir. I really am, thank you.

Er. Seems Im having an error in console.

ERROR: ForceRequiredAddon() - "Script_PathCam" is not a valid add-on
Backtrace: ->SM_StartMisson->createServer->onServerCreated->loadAddons->forceRequiredAddon

Script_PathCam not found!
Backtrace: ->SM_StartMisson->createServer->onServerCreated->loadAddons

Help?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 12:51:43 AM by Mr.Noßody »

It was a reference to a YouTube user Julian Smith. I think his videos are hilarious. I knew many people wanted it, not just you :) Also I realized in-game cut-scenes would be cool.

Very nice.

Is there an option to determine which direction the camera would be facing?

Very nice.

Is there an option to determine which direction the camera would be facing?
See I wasn't sure how to handle this because most "paths" dont face straight east or north, etc.. Maybe add another textbox for a brick the player looks at.

Er. Seems Im having an error in console.

ERROR: ForceRequiredAddon() - "Script_PathCam" is not a valid add-on
Backtrace: ->SM_StartMisson->createServer->onServerCreated->loadAddons->forceRequiredAddon

Script_PathCam not found!
Backtrace: ->SM_StartMisson->createServer->onServerCreated->loadAddons

Help?
Right, forgot to mention that. You need my Script_PathCam for this to work as it uses a datablock in there. I'll add to OP soon. You can find it on RTB.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 12:53:39 AM by lilboarder32 »

See I wasn't sure how to handle this because most "paths" dont face straight east or north, etc.. Maybe add another textbox for a brick the player looks at.

Yeah, I was going to suggest that if you didn't already have it; very useful for abstract angles and such.

Right, forgot to mention that. You need my Script_PathCam for this to work as it uses a datablock in there. I'll add to OP soon. You can find it on RTB.

Well shoot, it isn't passed yet..
Quick! Upload it here, I wanna test this!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 12:58:55 AM by Mr.Noßody »

Well shoot, it isn't passed yet..
What isn't? The path cam script is approved on RTB.

What isn't? The path cam script is approved on RTB.

Do you mean from the other Camera mod you made?
Oh, I see. Never mind.

Edit: Its such a smooth transition. Beautiful. Just needs a direction function...
I could do without the *Starting Camera Path* text, but I still love it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 01:03:04 AM by Mr.Noßody »