Author Topic: Blockland: Under Fire  (Read 9205 times)

They are milkshape primitives put together. :|
First time using milkshape, how about less stupid CONSTRUCTIVE critiscism.

Alright, so, I downloaded the mod.

• The installation isn't noob-friendly. You have to manually move the models from some 'Models' folder into the 'Shapes' folder in 'Add-Ons'.
  • Upon placing the weapons ingame, the aren't flatshaded, I don't think, and they're all the same color, aside from the BFG and the rocket launcher thing and maybe something else, which have that shiny blue texture to them (which you should probably fix).
  • The weapons spawns also vary greatly. For instance, one gun spawns high in the air while another just rests on top of its spawn brick.
  • In addition, all weapons can be QQ'd or quickswapped. This meaning that to avoid a long reload for a gun like the BFG, you can just QQ or swap to a different weapon then swap back.
  • Models are also, as Nige said, made from Milkshape primitives. This isn't necessarily bad, but it's very easy tell that they are in the eyes of an experienced modder (I would assume), and because of that you'll probably be thought less of.

Now here's a little bit of advice that I've learned from watching many other mod teams crash and burn:
Typically, good mods don't begin with a thread asking for help and most mod teams don't start with just one person who can only contribute a very small amount to the mod itself. You may want to polish your skills a bit and maybe dip your feet in a few other mod areas before going out on a limb asking for help from anyone you can find to do the rest of the stuff you're too lazy to figure out, which accounts for the majority of the mod.

And finally, QUIT MAKING THESE LAME !@#$ING EXCUSES.
'first time on Milkshape sry 4 gay models'
'first try on makign a mod stfu nueob'
'this is just alpha dnt complane bout modelz :( i kut u bish'

Stuff like this is just plain stupid. Might aswell try hard on making models and then release an alpha, rather than barely working on them, releasing it, having to defend their quality by blaming it on stupid !@#$, and then having to make them all not suck and re-release it. Also, quit jumping all over everyone when they make a valid point, IE Nige.

Now I took a long time to make this post so read it carefully and don't be a richard about it, please.
This post contains 25% hate, 25% help, and 50% boredom.

I vouch on the 50% boredom

I guess

"The individual must not merely wait and criticize, he must defend the cause the best he can. The fate of the world will be such as the world deserves." - Albert Einstein

(Today, Friday 27, starts my quote week. For a whole week on the forums I will only post using quotes :D)

didn't last. :P

THANK YOU entrepreneur in, for something other than "This suks lololol".
I don't know how to color them and yes, they are primatives, i will repeat: The models will also get better, but that is not my main priority. Next, the QQ thing, is something i don't know how to avoid. Installation has an easy-to-use readme. I know i am a one-person mod team, but i don't intend this for a full conversion, more of an add-on. I don't need  a team yet, i can do most everything on my own, and i'll figure out the rest, however, volunteers are appreciated.

Right. And Badspot knows how to fix the QQ thing, and so does Kaje.

Right. And Badspot knows how to fix the QQ thing, and so does Kaje.
I shall ask!

They are milkshape primitives put together. :|
First time using milkshape, how about less stupid CONSTRUCTIVE critiscism.
Oh I'm sorry.

First time using milkshape.

Look at the trigger... It looks like a water gun. :cookieMonster:

Look at the trigger... It looks like a water gun. :cookieMonster:

lol :D Nige you should use that as a water gun model for bl :D

I don't know how to use vertex stuff efficiantly, so sue me. If you don't have anything less stupid to say, don't post on this thread.

I don't know how to use vertex stuff efficiantly, so sue me. If you don't have anything less stupid to say, don't post on this thread.
how about you rtfm.

how about you rtfm.
What??

This sounds more like a weapons mod than a "Lost Paradise". You need more stuff put into it than just stuff containing datablocks. I would be happy to do some coding for you, but I do not have Retail Blockland. (I'm too lazy to buy.)

It's been a long time since I've posted in the Blockland Forum.

Alright, i updated it with a new name. Please tell me what you think regaurding it.

Also: Working on the models lately, i also have some new guns...