1 (0.6%)
V17
1 (0.6%)
V18
2 (1.2%)
V19
2 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 173

Author Topic: why did you get blockland  (Read 4741 times)

I came because i was SO bored and every day i went on yahoo answers asking "what good games are there" and "What are some good sandbox games" and i finally found blockland

I wanted to build with more than 150 bricks.
Also the whole, Waiting for it to come out for years.

I purchased it because my entire life I was looking for a game that is multi-player and includes a sandbox type building with bricks.

I found Blockland from a advertisement. I just could not handle only building with 150 bricks.

Well actually, I thought that TBM was a very cool game, but it was a mod. I liked LEGO games, I wanted to play it. I saw a YouTube video once, named "LEGO game video" and it was just awesome. I discovered more of the game, but it turned out that it all leaded to Blockland.

So Blockland was purchased for me. I remember coming to life in Blockland by spawning on the edge of a snow-topped cliff in The Slopes. I placed my first brick, pretty much the common 2x4 brick or whatever it's called. After that, I looked toward the grey skies. It was quite nice.

I saw this video on youtube while looking up LEGO houses and the guy was talking about the what you can do. The next day i looked it up and i got board with demo so i bought it. I also joined in v11 the day before v12 :/

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzaLRjayeY4

The idea of being able to build without limitation was amazing to me as a kid.
I played with LEGOs practically everyday as a kid, but the main problem was that I either didn't have enough pieces (or the right pieces), or enough space.

I started out during v0002, or whatever you want to call  that period in 2005.
When the Return to Blockland mod came out it felt like the best game just got better.
I bought retail Blockland because of the nostalgia of a childhood game, then joined the forums. It was like the best game that got better, became better.

Nowadays I just hang out and don't do much anymore.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 01:34:29 PM by Blastdown »

-snip-
You know, this is exactly my story for why I got Blockland.

I found out about blockland from my friend. I went over to his house and he already had retail and I used to play it a lot. A long time later I decided to buy it for myself. I bought it mainly for building. But I joined in v14

v10, and I just came because I migrated from roblox

v0002 not listed what

V9, Somehow when I was looking for Games online and came across this. Fell in love with it on the demo and just had to buy it.

But...
I really do have it.
Too bad it's now my sister's computer and she's got an own apartment, so I can't provide any screenshots right now. ._.
When BL first came out we were both like 6.

hazmat didnt include v7 because he wants to be in teh kewl group.

Cause I love legos but hate buying/losing them.
And Lilrobot suggested to me in vanilla and I later bought retail when it came out.
Before you all go "OGMGOMG NOPE" I have ID 951. :)