Author Topic: How do you check if something is a player?  (Read 5106 times)

You can't as what RTB did would actually be considered a type of exploit to opennig thigns on a client...you could actually spam that command and annoy the crap out of people on your server. No crap like that in Retail.

But how do i make it open for only the person that did it? Like when you hit something with a wrench, it opens the wrench gui. How i have my thing now, you hit something, and the gui opens for only me.
Badspot placed a callback to open the wrench menu, you'd have to force everyone in your server to place your callback in their game to make yours work

Opening windows on a client is not an exploit. If the server owner is spamming that command, then i'm sure the clients will leave and not stick about for further abuse.

It is an exploit, but a positive one untill someone spams it, as you said. If the person is building something and this happens, that's not fair :/

So you're saying it's not possible? Or you have to add something to everyones game?

You'd have to add something client side, which everyone would need to download.

Well they'd have to download the GUI in the first place, so couldn't i add it there?

yes, you never said it was it's own gui everyone would need too.....

Yes, it's a custom GUI. So how would i go about making said callback?

newcallback(GUI,'openmy****inggui');

addMessageCallback('Name of Callback', functionToCall);

then like
messageclient(%client,'Name of Callback','stuff to send');