Author Topic: Magic The Gathering  (Read 2794 times)

Magic the Gathering is a trading/collecting card game that was created in 1993 and published by Wizards of the Coast. It is played between two or more players, each with a deck of cards he or she created. The rules are pretty simple to learn, but can get really confusing if the opponent has some older cards. It is currently played by about 6 million people. If you can't afford to buy cards (which can be really expensive, even from a specialized store), then there is a computer version available on Steam called Duel Of The Planeswalkers. If anyone has that, and wants to play a Player Match with me, do so within the next ten minutes, please.

EDIT: Personally I play a 3/4 Green 1/4 Red 60 card deck, but I'm thinking of making a Black deck, and pure Green mana ramp deck.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 01:07:47 AM by Wynd_Fox »

My girlfriend taught me how to play this Saturday, I rather liked it.

I recommended a started deck to those who are new.  It seems like the skillless/friend way to play but  because of the mana system it'd take forever to get a decent deck off of booster packs.

Anyways I roll Red/Blue 50/50 where red=monsters and blue=spells.  I don't play much because I don't have many people to play with :\

Red monsters are junk, silly. All they are are goblins and the occasional dragon. Blue spells are pretty smexy, though.

I play everyday at lunch with my friends.

Red monsters are junk, silly. All they are are goblins and the occasional dragon. Blue spells are pretty smexy, though.

I play everyday at lunch with my friends.
I'm going for a dragon/serpent deck. I mainly use my goblins as shields for the bigger creatures (Minotaurs/Giants/Dragons/Drakes/Serpants)
Before I had those goblins to take the damage I was getting wrecked pretty quick.

Oh, that makes sense. But I have plenty o' tramplers.

and every year(or 2 however it worked) they came out with a new "series" of which you had to start all over again spending tons of money recollecting them all as the old one isnt used in tournaments, or accepted as playable by the nerds of this stupid game.

what a scam lol

I used to play a bit of Magic a long while ago.  I might have my dark/black deck somewhere though.

and every year(or 2 however it worked) they came out with a new "series" of which you had to start all over again spending tons of money recollecting them all as the old one isnt used in tournaments, or accepted as playable by the nerds of this stupid game.

what a scam lol
So play with people who don't care about tournament legality. I have a card from '95.

I only collected pokemon cards and my first deck I ever got had a holographic Charizard, and the 2nd deck had a holographic Blastoise, and then like my 7th deck had a holographic Venusaur.

I play with some friends. Just got into it recently.

I only collected pokemon cards and my first deck I ever got had a holographic Charizard, and the 2nd deck had a holographic Blastoise, and then like my 7th deck had a holographic Venusaur.
Same creators actually.

I've currently got a pretty weak collection of cards. I've only bought 2 packs of cards :\
But I did a decent amount of trading and fixed up a starter deck which used to get mana-locked every single time (Not an over exaggeration)

My brother has bought three boxes of 36 packs each, plus a billion individual cards, and a billion more packs.

I hate getting mana-locked.

One of my step brothers plays in tournaments (I think he won a regional (whatever comes right after state) at some point). It's pretty cool because he loves the game and has actually made a profit off of playing it. I don't hope to become this but whenever he's in town I've got someone to look forward to getting my ass kicked by, and receiving advice from.

I think regional is before state. I can't imagine my brother making a profit, since boxes cost around 100 bucks each.