Author Topic: Chat bot blocker  (Read 356 times)

It blocks what chat bots say,someone is spreading them around via pm and they can get annoying.

There's rally no good way to block chat bots via script. Ban them instead.

It is hard to define the difference between chatbot and normal chat in script. You could find some points that are obvious, but even those can also turn out mistaken.

My example is if you make a blocker that bans people for saying a message with someones name as they join. My situation is if you invite someone to the server using some other method like the IRC or an IM. You might say "*name* is coming" as the person actually joins, and get banned.

What I would do would be to check if a player says the last person to joins name less than a second after they join. If it's nearly instantaneously, the player would be banned.

What I would do would be to check if a player says the last person to joins name less than a second after they join. If it's nearly instantaneously, the player would be banned.

My example is if you make a blocker that bans people for saying a message with someones name as they join. My situation is if you invite someone to the server using some other method like the IRC or an IM. You might say "*name* is coming" as the person actually joins, and get banned.