What should I put ontop of the Volcano

An upper level that looks like a mining operation
16 (66.7%)
Don't add any human elements, just build up the volcano walls
8 (33.3%)
Nothing, keep it as it is, its pretty good
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Lava DM (WIP)  (Read 4766 times)

This is a DM I never finished thanks to school and it wasnt until recently when I got my new PC and time that I am now able to not only host but build with ease. This build is still a WIP so it has room for improvments. If you want to give it a try, join the "Lava DM" server, its a ded so enjoy :D

You are allowed to rate but consider that its still a WIP, so it has room for suggestions/improvments

V2 (Added Walls and larger lava pool size)

Fun Facts:
-Use spears to destroy the pillars (Hitting the most bottom part actually makes the whole pillar fall)
-Can hold 20 people
-Its really fun with more then 4 otherwise its just boring by yourself :P
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 07:08:09 PM by Shocklink »

I suggest adding something special to it.

Some of the platforms could randomly explode every now and then. I'd like to see that.

Some of the platforms could randomly explode every now and then. I'd like to see that.
YES

Not a bad idea, I like it :D

Server Update- There are 5 people playing and it's hectic as hell, join, it's intense and fun! :D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 12:48:59 PM by Shocklink »

Looks awesome, as you say its a Wip. I might take up on that. Anyway good work, looks like fun!  :cookieMonster:

Somehow I got out of the map.
Shock you need to fix, not sure how I got out though.

I really like it. I like the surrounding wall. :D

The build is cool looking but I have a feeling that the actual playability of the minigame would get really boring really fast.

A big pit with platforms and guns is usually the most boring thing ever.  I would suggest adding some kind of objective to it.  Cap points or King of the Hill deathmatch seems like it'd be the most fitting objective to this kind of build.

The build is cool looking but I have a feeling that the actual playability of the minigame would get really boring really fast.

A big pit with platforms and guns is usually the most boring thing ever.  I would suggest adding some kind of objective to it.  Cap points or King of the Hill deathmatch seems like it'd be the most fitting objective to this kind of build.
That could be a possibility, depends on what you guys suggest though on the poll, maybe even do all 3 choices

Somehow I got out of the map.
Shock you need to fix, not sure how I got out though.

There are holes in it, though it's gay how you guys get out and purposely expose the holes :/ should be fixed nao

Also, I had to kick someone cause of that :/

Warning: Constructive criticism

My thoughts so far:
  -Way too easy to camp. I could sit there and kill anyone who got to the rocket launcher platform. Sit in a corner, when they jump, throw a spear at the cnter of the rocket launcher platform, voila.
  -Should be bigger. If someone gets away with the rocket launcher, it sucks. At that point, the only requirement to kill someone is know how to click a mouse (and aim within half the map).
  -There was a spawn in the lava a few times. Try to fix that please.
  -Random collapses (whoever suggested that) would make it fun, as long as the collapses are within a reasonable time apart (30-60 seconds?).

woudl be nice if you released a save for those walls, i'm too lazy to make my own walls like that.

other than that, i think it could have a lot more, maybe bigger walls with platforms that are taller than the others and platforms sticking out of the bigger walls.

There are holes in it, though it's gay how you guys get out and purposely expose the holes :/ should be fixed nao

Nope, the hole isn't fixed. I got out yesterday and had fun shooting people from outside the ring. Also, I just lost most of my respect for you due to proving yourself homophobic.

My thoughts so far:
  -Way too easy to camp. I could sit there and kill anyone who got to the rocket launcher platform. Sit in a corner, when they jump, throw a spear at the cnter of the rocket launcher platform, voila.
Im planning on removing the rocket entirly and just have it so that you have to destroy the pillars and not other targets
  -Should be bigger. If someone gets away with the rocket launcher, it sucks. At that point, the only requirement to kill someone is know how to click a mouse (and aim within half the map).
True, im gona make it bigger and see how it goes, also its gona have an upper deck and the previouse modification should also help out
  -There was a spawn in the lava a few times. Try to fix that please.
I have spawns on some of the platforms as a temporary but im planning to put them in a nice place where you are less likely to fall in lava and/or get spawn killed
  -Random collapses (whoever suggested that) would make it fun, as long as the collapses are within a reasonable time apart (30-60 seconds?).
Im going to impliment that, how and when idk lol

Nope, the hole isn't fixed. I got out yesterday and had fun shooting people from outside the ring. Also, I just lost most of my respect for you due to proving yourself homophobic.
1- I am not a homophobic, I honestly dont care if you like guys and your a guy or a girl who likes girls. I have gay friends IRL so this statement is inaccurate

2- You think I feel hurt I lost your respect? I dont need the comfort of a random person to know that im respected in this world, especially over the internet, thanks for the constructive criticism, but try threatening me with something else.

woudl be nice if you released a save for those walls, i'm too lazy to make my own walls like that.

other than that, i think it could have a lot more, maybe bigger walls with platforms that are taller than the others and platforms sticking out of the bigger walls.

I sorta wana keep the save to myself when its a WIP and when its done for a tad bit then release it. You are more then glad to come in my server and highjack the save :P

« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:17:28 PM by Shocklink »