Author Topic: Mind blowing video. Understanding the fourth spatial dimension.  (Read 620 times)

These kind of videos fascinate the hell out of me. Check it out, it's supremely interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDaKzQNlMFw

Basically, this stems from my find of a four dimensional Rubik's cube, which is amazingly fun and interesting to play around with. Check it out here.

Stopped watching when text-to-speech voice came on. I can read, or I can listen to a narrator, but I can't listen to a computer voice for 6 minutes.

help
help my brain is bleeding

looks like something a 10yr old thought up to me. i couldnt watch the whole video though, maybe it got better after the first few minutes

That was great.

I still think this dimension is better whatever you say.

Now how about the fifth spatial dimension.
From what I understand in this video 5D objects would project 4D shadows. How the forget would this work adsfdsdf.

I still think this dimension is better whatever you say.
Meh, that's because we don't exist in the fourth dimension. If we existed in the second dimension we'd just be like "okay this is how life is" but if we existed in the fourth dimension, that'd be loving awesome, but of course that would just be what we'd known forever.

Also, it's interesting to note that we really only have two dimensional vision. While we are able to judge depth to a certain degree, all we're seeing is basically two layered 2D images. If we were truly able to "see 3D", we'd be existing in the fourth dimension.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:09:45 PM by Sirrus »

Actually yes, drawing a 3d sculpture with a pencil would be great actually.  :cookieMonster:

Stopped watching when text-to-speech voice came on. I can read, or I can listen to a narrator, but I can't listen to a computer voice for 6 minutes.
Don't listen to a documentary by Stephen Hawking.

I tried playing with the cube thingy and

I would really like to see a video game that finds some way to effectively and simply integrate the fourth spatial dimension. Like Portal did with, uh, portals.

Even better. A combination of Braid, the fourth spatial dimension, and Portal. The game would basically be called Mindforget.

Watched this thing like 5 times.

It's still very interesting :o