Author Topic: Slate/construct with image for the ground.  (Read 2413 times)

is it possible to take a single Large image, and use it as the ground on a flat map like slate/construct?

The idea being to take something like an image from google maps, and use it as a blueprint for a build.

I tried using the water but it wouldn't stop moving I tried changing all the settings. If some one knows how I would like to know as well.

I tried using the water but it wouldn't stop moving I tried changing all the settings. If some one knows how I would like to know as well.

Huh? Nah, just kidding. Well, try making the waves... Smaller.

Look at the water settings in the old "Neverending Baseplates" maps.

Yes, you can put an image on the side of an interior. A potential problem is that the interior needs to have a 512x512 textures (easy to fix, just divide the map or blue print into 512x512 chunks, and apply each one to a cube that is divided into square sections).

Images need to be in JPEG format.

Aligning and resizing the interior so that it perfectly lines up with the blocks would take a bit of fiddling, and because the smallest unit of construction in Blockland is a 1x1, you would need to take a few creative liberties when using the blue print.

The water solution posted above would only work if your map/blueprint was equal to or under 512x512 square pixels. An interior can use any square sized map, using the method I explained earlier.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 01:48:29 PM by Wedge »

Bump and double post. Don't download the interior until you've read the instructions.  :cookieMonster:

This is an interior that functions as a blue print. You can replace the textures with any image you want, in fact, I would recommend it, since the ones I used are very low quality.

To install it, extract it, then put it in your interiors folder.

In order to use this, spawn it using the mission editor in slate, slide it where you want your build, move it just under the surface of the building slate, and then relight the mission by pressing alt+L. You may need to rescale or move the interior.

Once you have it positioned where you want, build.

Once you are done building, save your blocks, and exit the server. Start the mission slate again, and load your accurate re-creation of a building.

Here is the download:
http://www.bjwaymods.net/uploads/blueprint438604256.zip

With that you could build high up into the air and then have it suspended there after the interior has been removed right?

Yeah, you could use an interior to make floating bricks.