Author Topic: internet, i am disappoint  (Read 8833 times)

First page:

what in all holy hell

any of you know the fictional planet darwin IV
now that's a loving example of what hypothetical alien life could look like, more or less
hollywood has no creativity nor any thought processes whatsoever

I could not agree more if I tried. There is a pretty loving small chance that these alleged "aliens" will look and act like the average human.

hollywood has no creativity nor any thought processes whatsoever

Name three aliens from Hollywood that are not bipedal.

looks like a human crossed with an alligator with a long head
often referenced as a very unrealistic alien in the scientific community, if i'm correct

The generic "grey" aliens are what your mind perceives as the basic humanoid form. Said form can appear in hallucinations, which would explain the reports of them.

looks like a human crossed with an alligator with a long head
often referenced as a very unrealistic alien in the scientific community, if i'm correct
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool

when i was a little kid, hollywood aliens used to freak me out
and then i slowly figured out how loving stupid they were

this is my favorite sentient[?] fictional alien species.

The Eosapien.
There are reasons it looks like that. It's called the Eosapien, or the thinker of the dawn, reflecting it's being the last creature encountered in the book "Expedition" and the documentary "Alien Planet".
Expedition entails the ecosystem and planet Darwin IV, a planet with life realistically built around its environment.
It has characteristics that are seen to be shared with many of the species on the planet, particularly those who live in the air.
For one, notice that it has no eyes. Darwin IV used to be very, very foggy, I believe. By the time the fog lifted, creatures that used eyesight were outmatched by those who used sonar.
It flies. That bag on it's head? That's an air bladder. The air on Darwin IV is thick, allowing such traits to be beneficial. It's similar to swim bladders in some aquatic animals.
You see those two limbs? They perhaps were used by it's ancestors for walking, but as the species began to favor the usage of flotation, it didn't need it for that.
And then things got interesting, I presume.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 08:38:18 PM by The Titanium »

We can't even begin to figure out what aliens look like.

Although, it isn't unlikely that aliens are bipedal, seeing as you are able to run, jump, and climb more effectively that on fours.

Or eights.

If one creates a fictional planet, one could imagine what kinds of species could favorably develop on it.
There is so much cool stuff in Expedition.
I don't know where to start.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 08:44:19 PM by The Titanium »

The most likely courses of evolution of intelligent would probably end with an intelligent biped.

If one creates a fictional planet, one could imagine what kinds of species could favorably develop on it.
There is so much cool stuff in Expedition.
I don't know where to start.
Yeah.  I'm really excited to see extraterrestrial life in my lifetime. (Fingers crossed bitchz.)

Yeah.  I'm really excited to see extraterrestrial life in my lifetime. (Fingers crossed bitchz.)
Don't get your hopes up. We are in no condition here on Earth to go meddling with triple breasted space chicks.