Author Topic: Flechette Gun (WIP) - Garrys Mod Inspiration  (Read 4592 times)

Hello, just showing off something I threw together when I got really bored with no internet.

It's based off the Admin Flechette Gun from Garry's Mod.

Here is a video showing it off.

NOTE: Models and Sounds are placeholders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGwWhWfHryw

I will continue to update this page as I progress more with the weapon.

If you are interested in testing this weapon, send me a PM.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 03:46:58 AM by TheRenderMan »

So, it's an automatic explosion gun with a slight delay?

I don't think so.

The projectiles stick, just like the admin flechette gun in Garry's Mod.

Which is what its inspired by.

No need to come in here criticizing it negatively.

Once I get the models, sounds, and clean it up, it will be just like it.

Porting/copying ANY and I mean AAANNYYY admin gun from Gmod is a horrible idea. Especially this one.

This could have some potential, I think it was better than I expected, but when I saw flechette, I thought it was the flechette shotgun from star wars battlefront 2.

Porting/copying ANY and I mean AAANNYYY admin gun from Gmod is a horrible idea. Especially this one.

Just something I decided to throw together. I haven't seen anything like it on here, nor on the RTB DL list.

It's just one of those weapons you can screw around with. As you can see that I'm doing that in the video, which by the way is a block replica of my real-life house. :P

This could have some potential, I think it was better than I expected, but when I saw flechette, I thought it was the flechette shotgun from star wars battlefront 2.

Thank you. I'll continue to update as I get more work done. Its been so long since I've actually made something and been on these forums.

Also, one of my friends thought it was the Flechette Shotgun from SWBF2 lol I can keep that idea in mind.

Too simple

Criticism is appreciated.

May I ask how you think it is "Too Simple"?

Criticism is appreciated.

May I ask how you think it is "Too Simple"?

Let me answer this for you... He thinks it is too simple probably because you took T+T sounds, the hangun model, and made it too gmodish, so he thinks it is not original, but let me say this can you sir make anything better? Something that has never been posted on the forums EVER!!?

Let me answer this for you... He thinks it is too simple probably because you took T+T sounds, the hangun model, and made it too gmodish, so he thinks it is not original, but let me say this can you sir make anything better? Something that has never been posted on the forums EVER!!?

PM me with suggestions.

Back in Vanilla Blockland I did work on a mod called StuntBL. Was a mixture of stunt vehicles, and other crazy things like a soundwave gun(would knock the vehicle and players around); which at the time, was extremely original, but now it wouldn't be that impressive due to the physics of the game.

With that said, I'm sure I could make other things, just gotta get back in the groove of working on them. I mean.. its been close to 4 years since I've really worked on Blockland.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 11:37:02 AM by TheRenderMan »

make the gravity gun  :cookieMonster: but make it the blue one that kills enemys like in the end of hl2

make the gravity gun  :cookieMonster: but make it the blue one that kills enemys like in the end of hl2

Haha, you mean the Super Gravity Gun? I loved using that thing. I'll see what I can do.

I was hoping for a shotgun that fired flechette rounds

maybe decrease rate of fire and decrease explosion size?

I was hoping for a shotgun that fired flechette rounds

I'm currently messing around with one.

maybe decrease rate of fire and decrease explosion size?

Also working on this right now.