Poll

Would a Blockland theme relax you in Blockland menu?

Yes
14 (66.7%)
No
7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Music playing in Blockland menu  (Read 638 times)

A nice little idea. I believe everyone agrees with me that the Blockland menu is quiet and silent, so why not bring some little music to it when ever you aren't in a server yet? And when ever you join a game that the music will slowly stop playing. Squideey made this awesome soundtrack.

I hope this idea gets used for the next version of Blockland.

There was a mod to play and loop some track called 'blbeat' or something. I'll look for it.

EDIT: Found it, but it was hosted on RTB2. Old topic.

ALSO:
Needs to be more mod-able where you can add songs of your own to play at start.  And by mod-able I mean a gui to switch imbetween songs you want on start.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 02:16:58 PM by EndGame »

A nice little idea. I believe everyone agrees with me that the Blockland menu is quiet and silent, so why not bring some little music to it when ever you aren't in a server yet? And when ever you join a game that the music will slowly stop playing. Squideey made this awesome soundtrack.

No

I'd love this played in the background.
and something where you can change what soundtrack you want next.
:D

I would say this is a bad idea because some may become annoyed of it, but then they most likely (if this ever came to be) would be able to disable it in options... So my vote, Yes. That is if the song is fitting.

Ah I don't know about this... Blockland is good already, I don't quite think it needs title music.

There was a mod to play and loop some track called 'blbeat' or something. I'll look for it.

EDIT: Found it, but it was hosted on RTB2. Old topic.

ALSO:
Oh hey, I have that mod!  :D

I edited it to play a custom theme.

I'd rather not have my music overlapped. I'm sure you'll say off switch, but I'd hate for my prefs to become corrupted and have one more thing to remember to reset. (Most of the keybinds I have are customized and not standard. When I lose my prefs, I must remember every key I set specifically or have to remember it passively.)

But either way, whatever would be chosen would likely cause controversy among users over "Oh it's great!" and "It sucks!" Then we'd also start getting tons of idiots making "Title screen song replacement!" add-ons that replace it with the stufftiest music imaginable.

I'd rather not have my music overlapped. I'm sure you'll say off switch, but I'd hate for my prefs to become corrupted and have one more thing to remember to reset. (Most of the keybinds I have are customized and not standard. When I lose my prefs, I must remember every key I set specifically or have to remember it passively.)

But either way, whatever would be chosen would likely cause controversy among users over "Oh it's great!" and "It sucks!" Then we'd also start getting tons of idiots making "Title screen song replacement!" add-ons that replace it with the stufftiest music imaginable.
They do that in Gmod too.
I support now.