Pirate ship

Author Topic: Pirate ship  (Read 3442 times)

What I am looking for is a giant pirateship that can hold at least over 10 players and it should have a couple of stationary (non rotating) cannons on the side for the passengers to use. Don't add the rotating cannon, it just wouldn't work out that great unless you can pull it off.

Also I would prefer if it were to not become a player vehicle. I just don't see that working out too well for this giant ship.

Wouldn't this need to be able to be walked over without hopping in a seat?
If there was some no-player-mount zone thing that could work, maybe with clicking things like the canon and steering wheel to use them.

There is one but it can only hold about 6 players. No cannons either.

Theres an add-on in this list, it's not a pirate ship, persay(no jolly roger) but it has 8 cannons...

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=83873.0

Hee hee hee, misread redbeard.jpg as handicap.jpg.

Theres an add-on in this list, it's not a pirate ship, persay(no jolly roger) but it has 8 cannons...

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=83873.0

Meh I tried it and it's actually just a piece of stuff.

Having it be a player vehicle is the only way to make it not suck

Having it be a player vehicle is the only way to make it not suck

Well is there any way for turning to not be so forgeted up? Being able to spin a full 360 degrees on a giant pirate ship doesn't seem right.

Well is there any way for turning to not be so forgeted up? Being able to spin a full 360 degrees on a giant pirate ship doesn't seem right.
Lol, not sure.  But I do know regular vehicles are big hacky pieces of junk as boats.

Lol, not sure.  But I do know regular vehicles are big hacky pieces of junk as boats.

I posted example pictures of pretty moderate sized boats. They are just slightly bigger and longer than packer's ship.

If I could model it and script it, yes.

But I don't script weapons. And my modeling ability is limited.

Someone do this. :D

I tried strato's pirate ship on land and it works great, I tried it on water and it sucks ass. Also the sails on the ship piss me off as they randomly fade away. Also his collision mesh sucks ass.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 10:52:52 PM by Lørd Tøny »

I'm making one. I got the hull (Hardest part), but I don't want to show pics because haven't fixed shading yet.

Edit:
Okay, fixed shading somewhat:

Edit2: Argh!

« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 09:19:50 AM by TheKhoz »

I'm making one. I got the hull (Hardest part), but I don't want to show pics because haven't fixed shading yet.
Shading in Milkshape is a bitch.

Anyway, looks pretty decent so far

Sort of looks like a viking ship but with cannons.