Author Topic: Otis pulls an all-nighter project again (OTIS DESIGNS AN ALARM CLOCK)  (Read 2906 times)

If you remember this, it's a lot like that but with less alcohol involved. Who knows how far my mental state will deteriorate as the night drags on?

Wish me luck!

Code: [Select]
Due: At the beginning of class on Thursday, April 28, 2011

Your task is to design a digital alarm clock.  The clock should display the time using four seven
segment displays (one for each digit), two LEDs to represent the colon separating the hours and
minutes, an LED to indicate AM/PM, a keypad for setting the time, a buzzer (for the alarm), and
four momentary pushbuttons to allow the user to set the time, set the alarm, turn off the alarm,
and snooze.  The controller is an ARM-based, microprocessor controlled system that seamlessly
interfaces each of the previously mentioned components.  A serial interface (UART) should be
used to connect the keypad to the system, and the PrimeCell Real Time Clock (RTC) should
be used to maintain the time.  The UART, RTC, and GPIO should utilize the PrimeCell
peripherals, the details of which are found on the course website.

Your project must consist of a complete system design that includes a detailed hardware
diagram, programming instructions, and a complete technical report.

Your system should have 4 MB ROM and 4 MB RAM.  Your design should partially decode the
address using the minimum size needed for decoding the memory and the peripheral devices for
chip and I/O peripheral selection.

Your design should show the detailed hardware connections, including control signals, address
lines, data lines, and all appropriate connections.  Show the memory map detailing the addresses
of the memory and peripherals.  A detailed part list should be included for every device specified
in your design.  This includes the manufacturer and part number.  A detailed flowchart
describing the code necessary to control the system should be included, but actual code is not
required. The design and report should be detailed and clear enough for someone to take the
design and implement the full system.  It should also be very professional in appearance.
Reports that are not neat and professional will be docked points

Starting

Engineer +1

Drawing/neatness -1  :cookieMonster:

Yea I see a flaw in your project.

It's called the "I dont know what the forget you're doing, how do you do this" flaw.

You should...uh...stick it in her pooper?

I don't know, a few circuits were blown from not understanding this subject.

You should...uh...stick it in her pooper?

I don't know, a few circuits were blown from not understanding this subject.
And a few more will be blown if I don't design this properly!

Haaaaaa

Well best of luck, I know you'll do it. Now get off the forums and design a bad-ass alarm clock!

You should make one like this, if you were to actually manufacture your alarm clocks:

You're designing something like this, right?

Lol do you know what a digital alarm clock is?

Look at my ninja! I didn't look at the picture closely enough and when I posted it I saw I would look like a dumbass so I edited it...

Look at my ninja! I didn't look at the picture closely enough and when I posted it I saw I would look like a dumbass so I edited it...
:cookieMonster:

I think you just jab a watermelon with jumper cables and some other wires with LED lights and other stuff, trust me, you can't fail.
Obvious sarcasm

This sounds interesting, reminds me of my microcontroller class.

Combining this paper you showed us and Portal 2, my mind is officially dead.
I can no longer function properly in society.

That's going to be one pretty cool clock.

This sounds interesting, reminds me of my microcontroller class.
I'm going to TA for the class next year and I am also going to start on a design project with the professor over the summer.