Author Topic: Terraria - 2D Minecraft More focused on RPG/Action, surprise 1.3 :^)  (Read 1279357 times)

Why does everyone call this 2D minecraft? It feels more like an semi-old school RPG where you can build stuff.

No one on this forum actually calls it 2D Minecraft, I think the thing in the title is just there to give people a quick idea of what to expect. Except better.

I beat Duke Fishron after 2 tries. The first time my platform was a bit too far away from the ocean and I hadn't quite figured his speed out. As a result, I took a lot of damage getting to the battle zone and had him successfully charge me too many times.

The second time I made sure to get better lighting, stay further away, and stand still less. I beat him with >400 health remaining.

Equipment was Terra Blade and Beetle Armor.

I beat Duke Fishron after 2 tries. The first time my platform was a bit too far away from the ocean and I hadn't quite figured his speed out. As a result, I took a lot of damage getting to the battle zone and had him successfully charge me too many times.

The second time I made sure to get better lighting, stay further away, and stand still less. I beat him with >400 health remaining.

Equipment was Terra Blade and Beetle Armor.
God, so I could easily kill him, but I have no bridge. Damn.

God, so I could easily kill him, but I have no bridge. Damn.
Yeah. My bridge was built for the dungeon guardian, but the dungeon happened to be conveniently placed next to the ocean. It is lined with asphalt, of course.

Yeah. My bridge was built for the dungeon guardian, but the dungeon happened to be conveniently placed next to the ocean. It is lined with asphalt, of course.
I'll have to just suck it up and build one for both those fights.

I killed him with Scourge of the Corrupter for fun. Then I used the Flairon. I can kill him with only one back and forth. Additionally, I did it without taking any damage.

ok wow i'm hearing about a bunch of stuff that i've never heard of or seen before in terraria

so what changed :I

ok wow i'm hearing about a bunch of stuff that i've never heard of or seen before in terraria

so what changed :I

when was the last time you played? in 1.2, a lot of new stuff was added like in 1.1. after that just some minor updates like a halloween update (added costumes and pumpkin moon, an event with lots of rape enemies) and also a christmas update (more costumes and frost moon, a similar event and just as hard if not harder)

when was the last time you played? in 1.2, a lot of new stuff was added like in 1.1. after that just some minor updates like a halloween update (added costumes and pumpkin moon, an event with lots of rape enemies) and also a christmas update (more costumes and frost moon, a similar event and just as hard if not harder)
i'm only caught up to the halloween update

i'm only caught up to the halloween update

there was also an update that introduced fishing, along with a boss that has to be spawned by fishing, duke fishron
he's pretty difficult imo

there was also an update that introduced fishing, along with a boss that has to be spawned by fishing, duke fishron
he's pretty difficult imo
ya that's about all i've heard about

also beetle armor and quests

found a video on mr. fishron and he doesn't seem thaaaaaaaat difficult if i just dodge a lot, and if stuff hits the fan then i have potions too
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 05:38:44 PM by Cakey »

I absolutely hate the fact that they made end game accessories reliant on farming the Wall of Flesh. Seriously, if you want the good battle gear for all of the classes you need:
1 Warrior Emblem
1 Sorcerer Emblem
1 Ranger Emblem
1 Avenger Emblem (1 of each)
1 Destroyer Emblem (1 of each)
1 Sniper Scope (1 of each)
1 Celestial Emblem (1 of each)
1 Fire Gauntlet (1 of each)

This means you need 6 of each, each of which only has a 1 in 6 chance of dropping from the Wall of Flesh.

EDIT: Fortunately I only need 3 more Sorcerer Emblems to complete my set.

I've been playing more of that Exxo Avalon mod lately.  I already made the new 'end-game' melee armor and am currently at work on the magic one. These are all pains as each piece requires one corresponding part of each set from the vanilla endgame armors, then extra depending on what specific class you're aiming for.  This means taking a lot of time mining, waiting, and farming. 

Earlier I tried taking down Oblivion, one of the mod's greater bosses, and was doing well until the OP as all hell 2nd phase, where he "reincarnates" into two Skele-Prime recolors and decimates me with this super deadly laser blast.

I'm going to try my hand at getting the North Pole from Frost Moon, then try out Oblivion again.  I don't have to worry about flight as the Inertia Boots allow infinite flight AND ungodly movement speed, a real convenience for dodging and travel.

EDIT: Just grabbed the NP, /dusk is my friend.  My pixelated body is ready...  Right after I farm for more stuff to make Oblivion Eyes (the boss summon)!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:15:53 PM by TalesOfBlockland56 »

Okay, so I am trying to be able to farm the Pumpkin Moon, but I don't seem to do enough damage. I can survive without moving at all and just using my vampire knives to heal. The issue is that I can't make it past like wave 13 before the night ends. I might have to use a magic-based character, unfortunately, as I said in my post above, I need more sorcerer emblems to really get the damage up. Additionally, the Bat Scepter, which is supposedly really good for this, is dropped at the Pumpkin Moon and seems to be the only weapon I haven't obtained yet from this event.

[ExxoAvalon]

I finally beat Oblivion after a few tries, allowing me to use /item in my main world.  Made the Elemental Excalibur, the current supreme ruler amongst all melee weapons (being a fusion of the VoE and Terra Blade), and had a little fun with the newer top-tier Acceleration Drill, which has a wicked bad-ass speed mode (which is 3x3 picking at outrageous speeds).

With /item in mind, I actually tried to recreate the Servant of Ocram from Console Terraria:

Day

Night

Comparison between Map/Sprite