Author Topic: (VIDEO) Azunyan Vector Trace Timelapse  (Read 988 times)

Warning: Don't even bother going to this video if you hate anime/K-ON!. There's nothing interesting for you. In fact, just leave this topic right now.

As many of you know, I've taken an interest to tracing raster anime-related images and turning them into vector images using Inkscape, a free/open source vector image creation program, then rendering the new high-quality vector images and turning them into cool things, like backgrounds.

I thought to myself "Hey, why don't I create a timelapse video of me doing this?" and started working on a new background while recording myself.

This link is the result. Feedback is welcome. Also, for more info, read the video description.

its a nice background, but something about the final product seems off... I don't really know what though :S

other than that, you did a great job

its a nice background, but something about the final product seems off... I don't really know what though :S

other than that, you did a great job

I was thinking the same, but I couldn't figure out what exactly it was.

Thanks anyway.

I think it may be because she doesn't really look like she's supposed to be there. the colors are too bright for a setting that takes place outside, but they're more of a setting that takes place inside. maybe if you tone the colors down a bit it will look more fitting.

I think it may be because she doesn't really look like she's supposed to be there. the colors are too bright for a setting that takes place outside, but they're more of a setting that takes place inside. maybe if you tone the colors down a bit it will look more fitting.

Well, I did take the image from an inside scene. Before that, I was experimenting with brightnesses, but ended up cutting it and deleting the video and starting over, because I didn't think it looked right still.

Perhaps it doesn't look right because it's an actual image being used in combination with a drawing, which can make things look somewhat "out-of-place" but can't really be helped unless you draw your own scenery, something which I can't do yet due to it being incredibly hard for me.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 02:28:22 AM by Miga »

I see.

keep practicing at it, you got the characters down pretty well, if you can get a basic for scenery, you could create some pretty cool stuff! I'd like to see more in the future.

Can't you increase the size of one side of a vector point or something?

Like, when using pen pressure on a pen pad except less fiddly?

Can't you increase the size of one side of a vector point or something?

Like, when using pen pressure on a pen pad except less fiddly?

Something like this?

You can do that, but it would make drawing/editing the lines a lot more difficult.

Oh man you make it look easy. =( Only if Photoshop pen tool was that easy to use.

Oh man you make it look easy. =( Only if Photoshop pen tool was that easy to use.

It is easy, you just need to get used to it; it's different than the pen tool used in Illustrator/Inkscape.  Nice work Miga, the finished product looks really good.

It is easy, you just need to get used to it; it's different than the pen tool used in Illustrator/Inkscape.  Nice work Miga, the finished product looks really good.

Yeah, when I was in Graphic Design class, the pen tool was a bit different to get used to. At first, it was the most hated tool because it was difficult to use, but after using it for a few months in my GD class, it turned into my favorite tool. All I can say is that you need to get a sort of "feel" for the pen tool before you realize how helpful and easy it really is.

Thanks.

I do this all the time with different stuff.
It's a great time killer.

I do this all the time with different stuff.
It's a great time killer.

It is.

Thats awesome I watched through the whole thing.

And I saw when you stopped to look at my car :D

Thats awesome I watched through the whole thing.

And I saw when you stopped to look at my car :D

Thanks.
And of course I had to look at your car.