Author Topic: [Mapping] The BL Neighbourhood...  (Read 8567 times)

Hello. :B

You must have come here because you're interested in joining this mapping project, riiiight? Well... Why else? Anyway, My idea, Is that everyone who uses hammer, And POSSIBLY quark (Don't know if they can export to eachother), gets together and makes one big community map in segments. I'm already working on one segment, Which will be a replica of my house. :D

When you're done, Post the .map files here, And possibly a picture too. Segments can be any size, As I can always fill spaces inbetween them. Go as big, And as high as you like!
But most importantly, Have fun. :)

this would lag like hell
AND I MEAN LIKE HELL
maybe if it was a gmod 10 map :D :D :D

i might ..you know...help this

yes quark can export .maps in 4 dif types

Thing is. It wouldn't lag like hell. I imagine there would be little more lag than the Lego VC map Ghost made. That doesn't lag.

hmmm
shall i make my house then... i lack textures... and photoshop... photoshop pl0x...
but i will try to make my house (fortunatley my capet looks exactly like the carpet in the bedroom map)

Thing is. It wouldn't lag like hell. I imagine there would be little more lag than the Lego VC map Ghost made. That doesn't lag.
depens on detail level and if each building can be useable...and size

I agree with Grand thief fox, you can't compare the engine Gmod runs on to this, Gmod has much more capabilities that Torque couldn't imagine.
And if a lot of people join than it would lag.
soo do I just post the .dif and textures here so you can add them in?
if so, I will post mine as soon as it's done
(It's a bus, so maybe if you have a random empty space on your map you could put it there?)
xD

I agree with Grand thief fox, you can't compare the engine Gmod runs on to this, Gmod has much more capabilities that Torque couldn't imagine.
And if a lot of people join than it would lag.
soo do I just post the .dif and textures here so you can add them in?
if so, I will post mine as soon as it's done
(It's a bus, so maybe if you have a random empty space on your map you could put it there?)
xD
spartan that was my point
but what we could DO its build this but ingame....then it would lag sooo much less

There are fewer faces to render if you use interiors.  I assume you mean build it with bricks, whould would be laggier than modeling the houses and whatnot.

Building with bricks will lag much more than making a map.. Care to try making a lifesize bedroom map out of bricks?

Building with bricks will lag much more than making a map.. Care to try making a lifesize bedroom map out of bricks?
no i ment building with bricks...yes but not uber life size...
well hmm...if this is lifesize intiors...most detailed...yea it would lagg so much it would crash loading

You must have a failpc then.

You must have a failpc then.
i dont.... but i have tested things like this on sevral PCs....also people at GG tested this

what would happen is if your ouside of a inteior you will lag like lag is eating you...but inside you will have semi lagness

whatever I don't care. are you going to help or are you going to keep complaining?

whatever I don't care. are you going to help or are you going to keep complaining?
you can add Fox's House final (aka Fox Cabin) onces its done and posted

edit: it cna also be used a resource sine it will have removable gate and fence..and two sheds