Author Topic: Blockland Brock my computer and Blockland  (Read 4936 times)

Its Official EuA hates me.
I think I found the problem my monitor wasn't plugged in right and that can some times screw around with settings.

EDIT: osht my screen is doing as I type this... ='( WHY today why me.... I can hardly see what I'm typing... =o
* Packer crys

Found some thing, I pulled out my GFX card and I found out the Fan Wasn't spinning or it was but very slowly I found a screw is sticking out and I need to fix it =D
I love my handy Man skillz, you all fail at life! jk
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 08:27:50 PM by Packer »

I lol'd at your misfortune.

I lol'd at your misfortune.
Thats not funny D'=, I ban you for life from my server!!! Bitch...

P.S. Fixed the fan now gonna try it!! I

EDIT: ITS forgetED! YAY NO COMPUTER! Well I'm using my Friends computer which is 2x better then the one I use but... its dirty as hell and the Mouse and Keybored are horrible to use...
* Packer crys and cuts himself (lol emo)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 09:16:58 PM by Packer »

Packer, if that doesn't work, don't worry, you can creep people out by saying "This is version 2 of *name of a map*!" and post pics of it :O

I'm putting in a old GFX card my friend used to use.

He buys a new Monitor or Graphics card I guess.

(Thank you -=>RR<=-MasterCE for correcting me.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 10:04:58 PM by Grimreaperx15 »

Monitor or Graphics Card* @ Grimreaperx15

Why would you buy a whole new computer just because the graphics are messing up? a new Graphics card or monitor and it could work perfectly again...

I'm using my Friends GFX card and it works fine, I'm just updating the Drives hoping for Blockland to work, also I want to buy a new computer for the latest Motherboard and GFX Cards and such they don't fit into this computer. I play BF2142 on the Lowest GFX because this computer is so crap some times.

By the way, the reason why you aren't getting BSoDs might be because the motherboard settings are set to restart IMMEDIATELY when a BSoD is encountered.

did smokes come out of the computer
 :cookieMonster:

User:       "Hello, tech support?"
Support:  "Hello.  Yes, this is tech support.  May I help you?"
User:       "Uh, I hope so.  My computer is on fire."
Support:  "Sir, hang up, and call the fire department."
User:       "That's not the problem.  How do I make a backup?  Fastest method possible."

The funny part, is that this is a true story (though, the quotes are incorrect.  But you get the idea).  Also, I've been to pawn shops (well, more like Good Will) where the CPU had literally exploded.  You could see melted plastic stuff all over inside the case.

As for a fried video card, years ago I had a brother who made his own active cooling (meaning, it used water) system from 2-liter bottles, electrical tape, and hot glue (DO NOT do that...  It was a bad idea).  Take note, this was before active cooling was widely used.  It was probably around the time the first people were experimenting with it.  Anyway, there was a leak in his system that he was unware of.  He was playing Quake, when it locked up on him.  He looked in his computer, and found a puddle of water on his video card (it had been dripping onto it, thus that's where the water collected).  He was surprised it didn't lockup sooner, considering the amount of water he found there.  After drying everything out/off, he restarted, and it worked fine, luckily for him.  Eventually, he got the leak to be slow enough that having some paper towel on his video card was enough to stop the problems, as the water would dry out just about as fast as it leaked onto it.

Of course, since then, he's gotten better hardware all around.  I strongly doubt he even owns any of that stuff anymore, let alone uses it.

So yah, hopefully it was just the video card,  Good luck on getting a new/better one.  Mouser X out.

That seemed...kinda more...useless then I'd expect from you....Mouser X...although the first part was sorta funny

While mostly pointless, I didn't think the first bit was quite enough by itself.  The second bit was to show that hardware can sometimes take more punishment than we realize.  While I don't recommend dousing any part of your PC in water (except maybe the keyboard), let alone while it has power running through it, it might still work just fine.  Yes, mostly pointless.  Just saying that you might be surprised at how much punishment stuff can take is all.

Also, sorry to disappoint.  Unfortunately, I can only be perfect 50% of the time (probably less).  I guess I just got up on the wrong side of the bed.  :P  Mouser X out.

Wait, so the thing about a computer on fire and the guy needing help backing up files wasn't the first part of your post, then?