Author Topic: Blockyard - What the hell?  (Read 17058 times)

Box is made of static breaks.

What do

For competitive play (CTF, fort, etc), I'm thinking the players cannot use static blocks (they can still use normal blocks, axles, jets, launchers, etc).  There might be static blocks on the map if the map designer added them but they cannot be destroyed.  The connections would also have a break force so anything built by players could be destroyed.

For competitive play (CTF, fort, etc), I'm thinking the players cannot use static blocks (they can still use normal blocks, axles, jets, launchers, etc).  There might be static blocks on the map if the map designer added them but they cannot be destroyed.  The connections would also have a break force so anything built by players could be destroyed.
Sounds good.

Just a simple energy ball is shown at the moment for each character.  Adding a real character model is on the to do list.
What are we thinking for the player model? I suggest a humanoid robot.

This game is pretty cool guy. Hosting server.

This game is pretty cool guy. Hosting server.

Looks like multiplayer is effectively broken at the moment -- will take a look at it.

asdf thread is back too far

I love this game so much that I will be slowly crying in to my pillow until I fall asleep tonight.

No, really, I love this game.  Great job.  Weaponry for the actual player would be cool.  If you could make your own handheld weaponry in-game, I would never stop playing this game.  I mean that you could somehow make a gun out of blocks in the actual world, shrink them down, and actually hold them in your virtual hands, I would love you forever.

I see how hard that would be, though...ah, well, that's why you're the one making the game, and not me.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:47:00 AM by Kiddeh »

Very, very fun game. I can see this becoming big.

Very, very fun game. I can see this becoming big.

Second that.

Just got an idea:

Mountable Cameras

Like, let's say you made a missile, and you want to drive it around, but you really can't stay on top of it without falling of.  The solution: put a camera on one of the faces.  It would be just like a jet or launcher, where it does it's thang in the direction of the face it was applied to.  Would be cool.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 01:36:48 AM by Kiddeh »

It looks like someone squashed Phun and Roblox together.

But thanks i already have a building game or to.

You need bigger map sizes. Like huge. I feel restricted when trying to build stuff.
The possibilities would be raised, helicopters, spaceships, rockets. :D

You need bigger map sizes. Like huge. I feel restricted when trying to build stuff.
The possibilities would be raised, helicopters, spaceships, rockets. :D
/gs 500 500