Author Topic: Blockyard - What the hell?  (Read 17052 times)

whats a picture of multiplayer like?

The 4 Building Games.
Roblox, Blockland, Minecraft, Blockyard.
One full of handicaps and children.
One with trolls and ton of roleplayers.
One with.. normal people, gasp!
And one that nobody knows. At all. It's not even worth the 4th spot.

We just started developing Blockyard about...
You're an official representative?

F key toggles flashlight.

Yep, I'm the founder and lead developer.  Be gentle.  ;)

no i'll be as rough as an alleyway rapist.

anyway, this looks cool :o will look into.

This game is very interesting... keep up the good work! I see now that this isn't really made for building stuff like space ships or castles like in Blockland or Minecraft, but this is a game where you build cool machines, right? Also, be prepared for thousands of idiots saying "TIS IS COPY OF MINCRAFT!11!!" or "BLOCKERLAEND IS BETUR!11!".

Right, wanted to create a game where you could build tanks, catapults, missiles, cars, etc.  Right now, we are just trying to create a workable build system where players can create interesting machines. 

I think the game will become more interesting once we layer on competitive play (perhaps two teams battling each other with machines they have made).

I think the game will become more interesting once we layer on competitive play (perhaps two teams battling each other with machines they have made).
Great idea, like fort wars :D.

What interested me the most is the mysterious flashlight feature. I wonder what future purposes it'll have.

building anything is a pain in the ass

what are you gonna do to improve it?

Regarding the flashlight, I could tell you there was a really clever reason to add it but the truth is my youngest son wanted to play Blockyard in the dark so we added the features to adjust sunlight, adjust ambient light, and press F to turn on a flashlight.

Regarding "to build anything is a pain in the ass", what were you trying to build and what part of it was a pain in the ass?

Regarding the flashlight, I could tell you there was a really clever reason to add it but the truth is my youngest son wanted to play Blockyard in the dark so we added the features to adjust sunlight, adjust ambient light, and press F to turn on a flashlight.
A block-build-game creator with a family?!

To be honest, it looks kind of interesting.
Blockland on a modern engine.
:o

No, it's closer to a Gmod type of game.
Blockland really has no connections besides the building part overall.