Author Topic: What can Blockland handle?  (Read 4068 times)

I've realized exactly how powerful Blockland's engine is. Not the Torque engine, the edits that Badspot made. I find it interesting how I can render 100,000 bricks in single player without any lag. That's about 600,000 faces to render at once. (Maybe less because of culling and what you can actually view and see.) Share your thoughts about the Blockland engine and it's potential. Maybe even post some screenshots of some extremes.

It never renders the exact amount of bricks x6. The most it will ever render is the amount of bricks x3 because at most you can only ever see 3 sides at most.

It never renders the exact amount of bricks x6. The most it will ever render is the amount of bricks x3 because at most you can only ever see 3 sides at most.
100,000 transparent bricks?

100k transparent rounds :D

100k transparent trees

Combo breaker!

Honestly, Blockland eats up my graphics card like Crysis does, its annoying.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 03:40:28 AM by Wesley Williams »

I have a random save of 256,000 1x1 plates. No more lag than several 16x16 cubes, thanks to the culling (Until you begin to shoot it).

Pictures, sure:

I believe there used to be a limit of like 128k bricks, and it was raised higher.

I believe there used to be a limit of like 128k bricks, and it was raised higher.

they made it recommondly to be 128k
the cap however is 256k

Yeah it was 128k before but I made (sort of) Baddy raise it to 256k because I whined.