Author Topic: Blockland Cuboid Bricks - Can they be made in game?  (Read 1701 times)

This cannot be made into an addon without something really hacky that I have no knowledge of.  Currently, each new cuboid brick has its own datablock, and loading that datablock would crash clients.  This can really only be an update.

This cannot be made into an addon without something really hacky that I have no knowledge of.  Currently, each new cuboid brick has its own datablock, and loading that datablock would crash clients.  This can really only be an update.
As said this could be done if only used in singleplayer.

However, I realized a gigantic flaw.

You would have to recreate all the previous custom blocks you used before loading a save.

But an update would be really nice.
Along with something I've suggested multiple times but will never happen.

Tom

It's been made before in previous versions but it crashed the game often.

However, I realized a gigantic flaw.

You would have to recreate all the previous custom blocks you used before loading a save.

Oh wow, one of the most useful addons ever would be one that, if you loaded a save that needed bricks you didnt have, it would generate a cuboid brick based on the name (eg. 5x7f) as a placeholder.  As an added bonus, since it will save it as the same name as the old brick, if the brick is ever re-enabled, it can take its spot right back!

That makes no sense.
forget you dunkass stuffforgeter handicapped bullloving stuffheaded pissfrog

it means that a 2x2 cube is five plates high, two studs wide, two studs long

i just looked up what cuboid meant
wow i am embarrassed

forget you dunkass stuffforgeter handicapped bullloving stuffheaded pissfrog
Thanks for that.  I will treasure your words forever.

it means that a 2x2 cube is five plates high, two studs wide, two studs long

i just looked up what cuboid meant
wow i am embarrassed

Ok, that makes a little more sense, but 5x5f is the notation for a plate that is 5 studs wide, 5 studs long, and 1/3 of a stud high.  Just to make sure everyone knows, cuboid means it has a height, width, and length, with nothing else going on.  Basically, all bricks in blockland are cuboid except the ones in the "special" tab, "rounds" tab, and "ramps" tab.  And I guess roads aren't either.

Note that he said "Cuboid" and not "Cube".

Nexus wins.

We already have brick making programs that you can just put in the dimensions you want and have it output a brick add-on.

We already have brick making programs that you can just put in the dimensions you want and have it output a brick add-on.
If someone needs a program that types three numbers then copy+pastas a template then I really have no hope for that person.

Note that he wants Cuboid bricks to be generated in-game, rather than wasting datablocks and time on .blbs.

If someone needs a program that types three numbers then copy+pastas a template then I really have no hope for that person.

Note that he wants Cuboid bricks to be generated in-game, rather than wasting datablocks and time on .blbs.
Oh, well then that would mess up the way you select bricks, because then they're be an infinite amount.

Oh, well then that would mess up the way you select bricks, because then they're be an infinite amount.
Why can't you just have the first two tabs taken out and replaced with a 'favorites'?