Author Topic: Iban ~ Or why I don't like him.  (Read 34446 times)

Iban is one of the older members of the Blockland Forums. According to him, he's the stuff.

Why? Because obviously he's got two cents for everybody.

But why is there such a problem? He usually goes against his 'two cents' on a regular basis.

This is a thirty-page thread with Iban and stocking fighting with each other for the dumbest of reasons. This will possibly never end because Iban is an immature brat who's never going to grow up.

He's already stated that he's eighteen, but he still acts like a kid. Why is this? Because he doesn't see any issue with himself, and obliviously continues with his destructive behavior.

Did you see that every post of his inside of every drama topic he has made or contributed to contains two or more paragraphs?

Did you know that half of them are biased or complete bullstuff? Not everybody wants to believe this because he's one of the "older members". No matter who they are, they have to be respected or they leave.

Why? Because for some odd reason we have to "preserve" the forums. Nobody wants to say good-bye to the starfishs that made up the minority of the population of users back in 2008 and 2007.

So because everyone loves the forums, nobody cares to point out what the forget is wrong with Iban. Let's make a list:

-He's a hypocrite
-He's a sore loser
-He thinks he's always right
-He's oblivious to his behavior

Near the end of the thread between him and Stocking, he says he reminds me of a 21-year-old virgin he knows. While it's kind of stupid relating a loser virgin to a loser kid, he then says he "Still really likes me" and that he only insulted me because he was mad.

He's trying his best to keep people liking him. He actually has no idea why he's half-respected. If confronted with the reason why, he would most likely reject it.

This is called granted ego. Getting a big head because somebody likes you, or that somebody said something nice about something you did or said. Everyone does it.

So I'm not saying it's our fault Iban is a jerk, I'm saying that you shouldn't blindly compliment him and stick up for him just because he used to be here back then. Hadn't you realized that 'every old user' is getting banned? Half of the people still here from those times are starfishs, no? Only a few of the are decent people.

So unless Iban comes to realization that he's a jerkass and that everyone likes him because he's an older member, he's going to be banned again and he'll come back again, rinse and repeat. Unless he mans the forget up and faces his self-issues, he's going to continue to be broken and loved for the wrong reasons.

It may be the internet, but it still reflects upon you no matter how unimpressionable you are.

So now let's point out CONSTRUCTIVELY what's wrong with him:
-He needs to realize why everyone likes him.
-He need to come to terms why those who don't hate him with a passion.
-He needs to heed his own advice or stop giving advice at all.
-He needs to calm himself, need not another permanent ban and yet another alt, does he?

He's still a person, though. He doesn't need to change, he doesn't need to re-arrange his personality, he just needs to listen and not speak when it's least needed.

I know I have half a mile to speak about this topic, but if he gets banned again, it's only going to make things worse.

Ike, even though we have a ton of beef with each other, we can safely agree on this.

Visage brought up a really good point in the stocking thread.
Also everyone keep track of how many times Iban says what someone says is "null or void" or they are just "spewing garbage" or saying someone is not as smart as him(in his own humble opinion) and you will realize Iban cannot have a legitimate argument with anyone. He is so self-obsessed he just says everything anyone says is meaningless garbage and then rants for a couple paragraphs and the people lacking common sense clap and think he has a solid case.

Visage brought up a really good point in the stocking thread.
Iban reminds me of a lot of people at my school. In class, we can be talking about Bin Laden and stuff, I bring up a point that overrules his point, and he just shouts out "Oh hush, no one cares what you say"

Also, it's a shame that a bunch of people are probably going to dismiss the OP because "flerp herp ikethegeriatric is a moron"

I do agree with some of this, he seems arrogant to me.

However, I caught him in a fallacy, and he apologized for it. He's not totally corrupt.

There's a chance that he just thinks that he's educated and better than most people, but he's not oblivious. Sure, he's crude at times, but he does help out a lot of people. Sure, he could do it in a better way, but he gets the job done.

Behind all of the douchebaggery, he's a helpful guy.

From what ive been seeing, hes a coolbr0
but maybe thats just me
or i'm high (not)

From what ive been seeing, hes a coolbr0
but maybe thats just me
or i'm high (not)
iban is coolbro

You just dismissed the entire point of the thread.

Pay attention in school.

You just dismissed the entire point of the thread.

Pay attention in school.

na

but you are just stupid.

Iban is leading the fight against stocking pony cigarette.

na

but you are just stupid.

Iban is leading the fight against stocking pony cigarette.

I'm stupid? You're going to result to baseless name-calling to defend somebody for no reason?

I don't remember much from those days, but I don't think I really liked Iban from the start.
Now in later times he seemed to cool down... but no.

That's all I've got to say. It's sad, really.

I don't remember much from those days, but I don't think I really liked Iban from the start.
Now in later times he seemed to cool down... but no.

That's all I've got to say. It's sad, really.

It's sad because he's starting his life and already is he showing signs of not knowing how to grow up :c

I'm still kind of a new guy around here but I always got the impression Iban was a douchebag before he ever came (back) to the forums. It seems like now that he's back, though, everybody seems to love him.

I can agree with you on this one, though.

Iban seems nice and the fact he likes to eloquently express his opionions often isn't a bad thing. Copuled with the fact the OP is not only biased though insults, but at time is incomprehensible.