Author Topic: Band Concert forget yea  (Read 823 times)

So on Wednesday I'll be playing in my middle school's concert band on a Bass Clarinet. I'm pretty excited about it, we've been practicing for several months now. These songs we've been practicing are:
  • The Star Spangled Banner (durr)
  • New Age Overture by forgeted-if-I-remember (I like)
  • Land of the Rising Sun - A Japanese folklore trilogy (best song in the concert)
  • Prelude #20 by who-cares (not a fan of this song personally)
  • Root Beer Rag by Billy Joel (aaaaawwwww yeah)
  • The Planets - Mars, Venus, and Jupiter by Gustav Holst (oh hell yes)
I'm just really excited because this will be my last concert with my loving awesome band teacher before moving on to High School.
Also our totally 1337 Jazz Band will be performing, but because I'm not in it I don't know their songs. But I have heard them before and they sound loving awesome.

so discuss band concerts and such I guess. I just felt like sharing this because I'm SO EXCITED.

I've been to a few choir-recorder class "concerts" when I was in 4th grade. Just relax and you'll do fine :3

I've been to a few choir-recorder class "concerts" when I was in 4th grade. Just relax and you'll do fine :3
I'm not nervous. I've been playing since 4th grade.

Okay I guess that's a lie. I've only been playing the Bass Clarinet this year. The previous years I've been on a regular Clarinet. Both the middle school and high school teachers say I'm much better on a Bass, though. Nervous is me yes I am.

Record it so I can laugh and judge you comparing to my band.
Oh and break a leg.

We had a concert a couple of weeks ago, we played some moderately old songs.
As in Queen, Don't Stop Believing, I'm a Believer, and a couple of others.

Record it so I can laugh and judge you comparing to my band.
Oh and break a leg.
I'll see what I can do. The band sells CDs of the concert's music afterwards.
Oh and go forget a French Horn.
Middle School band high five!

I'll see what I can do. The band sells CDs of the concert's music afterwards.
Oh and go forget a French Horn.
I have a tromboner I like that idea.

Too bad compliments are taking as insults over the Internet since sarcasm is 100% impossible. Anyway good luck is still being wished, I'm also playing a small concert tomorrow.

I have a tromboner I like that idea.

Too bad compliments are taking as insults over the Internet since sarcasm is 100% impossible. Anyway good luck is still being wished, I'm also playing a small concert tomorrow.
I understand you were wishing me luck. I was aiming that at the "so I can laugh" comment.
And what songs will you be playing?
Don't Stop Believing
Played this in Marching Band, as well as other Journey songs.