Author Topic: Le Computer troubles  (Read 360 times)

So my dad gave me his old Laptop since he got a new fancy computer. Let me say its terrible. Not only does the Battery not work unless its plugged in, it runs on Vista. So the problem is (Besides those 2 things) is that the USB ports are busted. It says they are an "Unknown drive" Ive reformatted it (I had to anyways, my dad got one of those fake antiviruses on it... what an idiot) and reinstalled the drives but they still dont work. What shud I do? :C

"Accidentally" drop it down the stairs and when your mom comes to investigate the noise, start bawling your eyes out over your newfound lack of a computer and she'll feel guilty and buy you a new one.

Tell your dad he should keep the old busted one and give the nice one to you and sell the old one to get some $$ and then buy a new one. After that tell me what happened. Also, when he sells it, make sure he tells the dude to put it through the car-crusher machine.

There might be a problem with the USB drive itself. If that's the case, all you can do is replace it.
The battery sounds like it also needs to be replaced.
Lastly, I use Vista even though I have access to XP, 98, 2000, 98 SE, 95, and Windows 7.
I just got used to Vista before I had access to 7, and I didn't ever feel like changing the operating system before then, as Vista isn't too bad if you know how to make the best of it.

So my dad gave me his old Laptop since he got a new fancy computer. Let me say its terrible. Not only does the Battery not work unless its plugged in, it runs on Vista. So the problem is (Besides those 2 things) is that the USB ports are busted. It says they are an "Unknown drive" Ive reformatted it (I had to anyways, my dad got one of those fake antiviruses on it... what an idiot) and reinstalled the drives but they still dont work. What shud I do? :C
Punch a hole through the screen and tell your dad it blew up while you were surfing the web. If he put one of those "antiviruses" on it then he should probably believe you.

Texan, thanks for the help.

Everyone else can go forget themselves <3