Author Topic: My Reasons for Being Atheist  (Read 16951 times)

Integrated information would create better societies and people.
Plus I don't see why some people must be born mad and murder for such reasons, then be forced into a hell.

a real creator of the universe wouldnt give a rats ass what we do. we are utterly insignificant.

religion exists because fearful people need to be given significance, rather then make it for themselves.

athiests are of higher mind. = better, stronger minded people.

^^This gentlemen is an idiot.  Please disregard.

Also, I feel that if there were a God, why wouldn't children be born as believers?
Because like all religions, it was created only to gain power in number of believers, who will fight for the religion's cause. Of course, their power tool is no longer a power tool, because all the people they made believe in their religion actually believed in it. Then they spreaded it like a truth, rather than trying to gain power. And that's how religions are today, and why it would seem messed up to spark up a new one.

Integrated information would create better societies and people.
Plus I don't see why some people must be born mad and murder for such reasons, then be forced into a hell.
I don't see why someone would be born to listen and understand, and gains sense that a wizard is not to be believed in, and then sent to hell for that.
I don't see why someone who loves us all has a plan where several people die and commit sin to get put into eternal suffering.

This is why god would want me to burn a bible.

Bisjacs point about super entities reminds me I've seen information somewhere telling me about the possibility of hyper-evolved being roaming the outside of dimensions creating universes mindlessly and carelessly.

I'll see if I can find it, I know it was made up but it's pretty strong stuff.

if there is a god creating galaxies left and right like some kind of game.
then we are not the only inhabited planet, why create so much when it wont be used by anyone?
if its so easy to make 1 then why not a billion? if the universe is infinite then why so much space when the only intelligence will never use/see it.

and there is no reason this creator would be dropping rules on the living things it makes because it would have no effect on his going-ons.

Because everything is made of atoms and atoms can't exist before the universe so if god created the universe, then he can't be made of atoms so he can't exist. Also, Atheism is a religion, just one that believes no deity. In fact, you are saying you don't know which is Agnostic, and so you are of Agnostic religion.
You've got it all wrong.
Agnosticism means that you know there's no way to tell, not that you don't know.
And how do you know they can't exist before the universe?
There's no beginning of time that we can place a marker on, hun.

You've got it all wrong.
Agnosticism means that you know there's no way to tell, not that you don't know.
And how do you know they can't exist before the universe?
There's no beginning of time that we can place a marker on, hun.
1. I'm a boy. Don't call me hun.
2. Big bang.

Many ask me why I'm Atheist. I'll tell you why, it's only common sense. But if that's an invalid reason here's an essay.

People have to be on crack to believe that bullstuff about life after death and some magical being that created the omniverse and somehow spawned everything WITHOUT using up energy or matter thusly breaking a law of physics (along with the other 2334896793468 it defies). I mean... seriously, think about it.

God is sitting there in complete NOTHINGNESS no empty space or ANYTHING.  So, he is now sitting in a place with zero room. There's no universe yet, he can't exist until AT THE VERY LEAST the universe is created so that space and time exists. Let's pretend he COULD have created the universe (which is also impossible because he is made of atoms, like every other bit of matter and atoms haven't formed yet). The massive amount of heat and energy and matter would instantly kill him. Besides, if mere PARTICLES don't exist yet, neither can the clouds making the heavens.

MUCH LATER

He finds a ball of rock and magically points his finger and somehow BLAM instantly a river and mountains and grass forms instantaneously (okay, maybe it took 7 days,but you get my point). Explain to me how this is physically possible. ALSO, how can angels, when they are created from DEAD (if you're dead you are not alive, you have no working brain and are dead you cannot live plain and simple, again angels are impossible) and somehow grow wings, how the hell would they fly up and in no time at all they switch dimensions into this magical realm of pure clouds. Which makes your brain (which is actually DEAD right now) automatically get happy.

TL;DR:
RELIGION MAKES NO SENSE. YOU HAVE TO BE ON DRUGS TO BELIVE IT AND EVERY LAW OF SCIENCE AND LOGIC DEFIES IT.
I'm not a heavy religious person, but your entire argument is loving stupid.

This:

He finds a ball of rock and magically points his finger and somehow BLAM instantly a river and mountains and grass forms instantaneously (okay, maybe it took 7 days,but you get my point). Explain to me how this is physically possible

is creationism. An ideology that not every religion follows. You're badmouthing Christians, yet blaming all religions using blanket terms.

God is sitting there in complete NOTHINGNESS no empty space or ANYTHING.  So, he is now sitting in a place with zero room. There's no universe yet, he can't exist until AT THE VERY LEAST the universe is created so that space and time exists. Let's pretend he COULD have created the universe (which is also impossible because he is made of atoms, like every other bit of matter and atoms haven't formed yet). The massive amount of heat and energy and matter would instantly kill him. Besides, if mere PARTICLES don't exist yet, neither can the clouds making the heavens.
You don't even know what you're talking about.

But if that's an invalid reason here's an essay.
An essay is a paper consisting of a topic sentence, several body paragraphs, and a concluding sentence that ties back to the central theme of the topic sentence. This is not an essay.

TL;DR:
RELIGION MAKES NO SENSE. YOU HAVE TO BE ON DRUGS TO BELIVE IT AND EVERY LAW OF SCIENCE AND LOGIC DEFIES IT.
Intolerance works both ways, starfish.

God doesn't exist and anyone who believes in him is harboring escapist tendencies from having a bad childhood.

a real creator of the universe wouldnt give a rats ass what we do. we are utterly insignificant.
This is the reason I'm not an atheist.

I often questioned how a being that is omnipotent and omniscient and omnipresent can completely disregard us, but then this argument pretty much explains it. I classify myself as a deist I guess.

God doesn't exist and anyone who believes in him is harboring escapist tendencies from having a bad childhood.
lol.

I have a problem with kids asking why I don't believe in god constantly and won't shut the forget up about it when I tell them the fourth time. I also laugh when they tell me they've spoken to god.

stop all the threads talking about your loving beliefs. unless someone asks you about your religion or lack of religion you have no reason to give us a list as to why or why you don't believe in god.

I also laugh when they tell me they've spoken to god.
I do that sometimes.

Your reasons are kind of uneducated. Religious people could say some of the same things to say that a god could exist. I'm personally atheist but it's only because I don't want to believe in a god.

Did you need to do this? I mean, you should know by now what will happen.