Author Topic: My Reasons for Being Atheist  (Read 16855 times)

That is exactly what makes a concept illogical. On of the main features of logic is that you can use it to explain to any open minded person and concept that they are not an expert on. Therefore, if one person can understand and it is logical, then more than one person can grasp the logic of it.

You can't have a logical argument based off of things that nobody knows. How can you say that X is Y because Z, if you have know idea what Z is, and no one else in the world does either.
things that nobody knows =/= things nobody will ever know
But I agree with you on that it is stupid to base an argument off what you do not know. In fact, I think we agree on everything besides what constitutes illogical. I happen to hold the view that a false claim can have a logical basis but still not be correct. Anyway, it isn't that important.

ATHEISTS: Atheists are divided into 2 groups: strong and weak atheists. Weak ones just don't like the idea of God/s, so they ignore religion. Strong ones try to always argue their point in saying that gods don't exist, and always use some extremely complicated scientific, logical (to them) solution so they can outsmart religious people.

AGNOSTICS: Agnostics are simply people who don't believe in gods, or religion, but instead of arguing with Christians, agnostics try to find their own path to spiritual and mental peace and calmness.
Agnostics are people who think that supernatural claims are unprovable / unknowable.
Atheists are people who deny the existence of deities.
You can be an agnostic atheist or an agnostic theist.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 03:02:57 PM by dUMBELLS »

Everyone's agnostic.

Not necessarily. Being agnostic means being borderline between belief and disbelief, but there are a great number of hardcore Christians...actually, I'm convinced you're kidding or something, because religion arguments really only occur between believers that are so far towards one belief they feel everyone should feel that way.

Atheism is still a religion. It's to BELIEVE that nothing was created by nothing and when we die nothing happens. The end.
Maybe Christians,Jews,Buddhist, Islamist,Heretics, and Zealots might be crazy to believe in something that sounds ridiculous but all religions have something in common that makes there life better than those who don't believe in something: They believe in hope. Maybe there isn't something waiting for us after we die. We will never know for sure but that idea of it gives people hope and therefore generally boosts the morale and self-value of a person who believes in this.
  Also, It's probably better if people try to live a 'happy' life rather than everyone being emo. I would rather walk around thinking there is something after I die rather then just going around feeling depressed while telling people "uh, when you die nothing happens". ALSO, some people could argue that it's better to believe in something and not find it rather than to not believe and something and find it.

I would say I'm a Christian.

There's still a lot of things that I don't believe, but I still believe in Christianity's version of god.

I would say I'm a Christian.

There's still a lot of things that I don't believe, but I still believe in Christianity's version of god.

I can't say i am a Christian but I do believe in something higher than me out there.  Plus my moral values are of the same weight.

Even though i consider myself agnostic (basically atheist, look it up if you don't know) I get really mad when people say you need to be high to believe in a religion.

My reason I'm an Atheist is

Religion is the biggest joke ever pulled off, and it's still going.

My reason I'm an Atheist is

Religion is the biggest joke ever pulled off, and it's still going.

That just means its the best joke ever if it's been going on for atleast 2011 years. :)

Many don't ever seem to consider that our view on the universe is totally wrong. What if everything we think is wrong? Our "laws of physics" are completely wrong, and we can do nothing about it since we're only human?

You were basically asking for a religion war. Good loving job.
Nobody gives a stuff if you're atheist. It's uncalled for to just make a topic about why you are considering about 80% looks to be atheist or agnostic. You're no better then the biblebashers that come to your door and ask you if you've accepted Jesus as your lord and savior.
You seem to be one of those guys that uses atheism to get attention, for example, you would go to school, and someone says "God bless you" and you say "forget YOU I'M AN ATHEIST" or when people are talking about god you randomly interrupt and say "i'm an atheist", when a noble one would just wait for someone to ask them about their beliefs.
Lock this topic.
respect -100
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 01:33:32 PM by ultimamax »

Why did this have to be bumped?