Author Topic: Coastline  (Read 2406 times)

This is some coastline/bridge thing I made a while ago as an app.
Rate x/10 if you want.

I lost the save, though.
It's lying around here somewhere :1
IT'S LYING AROUND HERE NOWHERE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 06:18:36 AM by MikeyMonster »

The bridge bends down oddly, but the landscape is relatively nice.

The bridge bends down oddly, but the landscape is relatively nice.
aww
I thought the bridge looked fine for a rope bridge.
They're supposed(?) to be saggy.

aww
I thought the bridge looked fine for a rope bridge.
They're supposed(?) to be saggy.
The way the bridge sags is what looks odd. It doesn't seem to do it 'naturally' and looks rather sharp and unrealistic.

Try working down and then back up through bricksizes so it gradually gets flatter as it descends and sharper as it goes back up. (id est: You have a x2f as the base supporting cables for the bridge, than beneath and over, a x3f, ETC).

I actually like the bridge. But... How is this a coastline? Is there a really close island? This looks more like a river to me.

I actually like the bridge. But... How is this a coastline? Is there a really close island? This looks more like a river to me.
I supposed I have misnamed it, now that you bring it to my attention.
But at one point I was working on an island continuation of one side of the bridge.

The way the bridge sags is what looks odd. It doesn't seem to do it 'naturally' and looks rather sharp and unrealistic.

Try working down and then back up through bricksizes so it gradually gets flatter as it descends and sharper as it goes back up. (id est: You have a x2f as the base supporting cables for the bridge, than beneath and over, a x3f, ETC).
Actually, it's not bad. It only looks like it sags sharply in the first picture.

If the planks are evented to break in the middle, I'll shoot an orphan.
Anyway, it's a nice bridge, pretty sure you'll get into whatever clan you're apping for. 9.5/10

If the planks are evented to break in the middle, I'll shoot an orphan.
Anyway, it's a nice bridge, pretty sure you'll get into whatever clan you're apping for. 9.5/10
That's really easy. It could be done. Oh, don't shoot me.

Coastline? its a bridge over a river :/

7/10

Reminds me of that default picture

This took you a loving long time to post.
Jesus!

so why does the grass suddenly end? it's a small river and dirt shouldn't it be grassy? :c

The bridge could be better, but other than that the terrain looks good.