Author Topic: safe for children?  (Read 6404 times)

I was wondering if this game is considered safe for young children.  I'm worried, given the user generated content nature of lego block building, that my son might run into a giant phallic lego structure or something.  Thoughts?

the game itself is for children
but if esrb counted user behavior as a factor then the game would be Adults-Only

I was wondering if this game is considered safe for young children.  I'm worried, given the user generated content nature of lego block building, that my son might run into a giant phallic lego structure or something.  Thoughts?
This game is meant for all ages, but there is no controlling the userbase, If you want, you could supervise or play it with him, I have heard of that before. If you are ok with him going online I really can't tell you what he'll see. I don't think think he'll see anything too horrible. It can be played offline aswell. Overall it will boost his creativity.

Aslong as your child doesn't post on the forums, the less chance he has of becoming the victim of rude and vulgar comments as we generally don't talk to people that aren't 'popular'.

Oh, what is the ESRB thignie for online games... "Game experience may change during online play" I believe.

In general instances of anything partucularly offending are rare here, and I think that a few clan servers are fairly clean. (IRK, USSR, idk who else has them)  In general I would say supervise if he's online, but it can be played offline.

Naw its

Wow that doesn't look photoshopped at ALL.  Actually playing Blockland would be over all good for your son.  It would be enjoyable for the both of you.  By the way, you should maybe get him his own computer like a laptop or something that he can play Blockland on it so you both would be playing at the same time and you won't have to wait turns.  I would probably change the filters for him or supervise what servers he is going on.  When he does go on a server make sure to ask the Admins to enforce no swearing or inappropriate language/actions/builds.

Wow that doesn't look photoshopped at ALL.
Actually it looks like an MSPaint job to me.

By the way, you should maybe get him his own computer like a laptop or something that he can play Blockland on it so you both would be playing at the same time and you won't have to wait turns.
Blockland doesn't work so well on Laptops.

bah just put a warning on the back saying "Gameplay WILL dramatically change during online play.  Reason:  userbase"

Blockland doesn't work so well on Laptops.

Works fine on mine.

Also, just keep him off of the internet games and he should be fine.

How many bricks can you go up to before you lag on your Laptop?

To be honest, why would you want to protect your son from that? It's not like he's never seen a snake before. I'm against every form of censorship, it's not like you'll get a trauma from seeing a lego snake or hearing the word panda.
edit: panda =  the f word >_<
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 02:41:10 PM by TheGeek »

Haha, Geek got crushed by the filter.

the game itself is for children
but if esrb counted user behavior as a factor then the game would be Adults-Only
he nailed it directly on the head

I didnt even read the replies to the original post after having read it. Im just going to say what my pinion says. My opinion says, "kiLL! KI--" nvm that. it says "....if you dont like something because you find it inappropriate for children, keep your kid from seeing it. No matter who it is intended for, it is YOUR damned kid, and if you dont like them witnessing eventual reality, then censor it yourself, damn it. Do you have selfcontrol? Are you a a big boy/girl? huh? if the answer is yes, then you ahve enough control to control your own relations, not put the problem on someone else. Whether BL is becoming more or less kid-appropriate due to constantly added contant, if you dont like it, turn it off. Make the kid study. Or, just find something more productive for them. dont be a idiot about it." And, also, in my sane side of my brain, if you were just asking a question and not complaining, then id say that BL is as kid-friendly as it was in the beginning.    :)