Author Topic: Server - Remove Vehicles on Exit (Vehicle & Spawn Versions)  (Read 3969 times)

There was a topic wanting it in S&R.
It just simply makes people's vehicles go away when they leave the server.
I didn't make the script itself, sh0ckthealien did, but I packaged it and stuff.

Script_RemoveVehicles
Script_RemoveVehicleSpawn

I'll upload it to RTB when I get the chance.

ABOUT THE EDIT:
You can choose between deleting the vehicle's spawn, or just the vehicle itself.
It should be obvious which is which.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 11:17:44 AM by Night Fox »

Seems nice.

Also, I believe if you upload it to RTB, it creates the RTBinfo.txt automatically.

Also, I believe if you upload it to RTB, it creates the RTBinfo.txt automatically.
Oh.

Gravity Cat really needs this for his server, half of the vehicle spawns are spawned by people who left.

I look at the script, and it just brick kills the vehicle spawn, it doesn't remove the vehicle created.
This is not good for dedicated servers, because as the host leaves, all of the vehicle spawns are destroyed, the only real purpose for this is for fort wars that are hosted standardly.

it doesn't remove the vehicle created.
Yes, it does.

because as the host leaves, all of the vehicle spawns are destroyed
No, they aren't.

No, they aren't.
I'm sorry, I might have just assumed this, but looking at the code
Code: [Select]
%brick.killBrick();it seems as though this would destroy the brick.

What happens to a vehicle when you hit its spawn with a hammer?

Also, onClientLeaveGame(%client) / %client.brickGroup
It doesn't kill all the vehicle spawns on the server when the host leaves, if that's what you assumed.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:28:59 PM by sh0ckthealien »

I thought though that by deleting the brick automatically removes the vehicle? Or am I talking stuffe?

I look at the script, and it just brick kills the vehicle spawn, it doesn't remove the vehicle created.
Which, in turn, removes the vehicle.
According to that, it seems to be a more focused version of the mod that already exists and destroys all of the player's bricks.
It could likely be edited some to allow destroying of the player's music bricks, or other forms of bricks you might find annoying.

This would be helpful in prventing vehicle trolls from going on servers, spawning a spamload of vehicles and leaving.  I am a victim of this frequently.

Any way to have it just set the brick's vehicle to "none" and leave the brick intact?

Gcat and most cityRPG needs this.