High Facecount models

Author Topic: High Facecount models  (Read 671 times)

Can somebody give me a starting point to the highest amount of faces (triangles) a model can have without being too high in faces? I have 3 models with 156, 192, and 152 triangles. Are any of them too high?

No those are quite low.

No those are quite low.
The funny thing is I could cut the face count in half easily if I wanted to. I just put a curved end on the handle.

Most people would agree that 150-600 faces for a gun is great. 1000 is still fine.
Vehicles up to 3000 faces, depending on level of detail
For simple RPG items, which I suspect you are doing, you don't really need a lot of faces, so you are right on.

The funny thing is I could cut the face count in half easily if I wanted to. I just put a curved end on the handle.
If you can, do it.

If you want to be a good modeler, you need to reach your optimum visual quality : poly count ratio

If you can, do it.

If you want to be a good modeler, you need to reach your optimum visual quality : poly count ratio
exactly.

The lower the face count the better.  Especially with all the crappy laptop graphics cards that people use to run blockland.

exactly.

The lower the face count the better.  Especially with all the crappy laptop graphics cards that people use to run blockland.
integrated graphics chips  :cookieMonster: