Author Topic: New options for maps.  (Read 1247 times)

note this started as an idea specific to slate, and i quickly realized some of the options would be good for other maps too.

Rather than have 200 maps so that you can get a light/dark version of each map, + slate with 200 diffrent looks, have an extra settings button on the map menu.

Have it allow admins to set things like ambient light, and which skybox to use.  For slate only, add which ground texture to use.  im honestly not sure of the feasibility of this, but it would cut down on multiple variant remakes of maps (and allow people to release skybox packs)

that would bo cool, I also think just having a "moving sun" laight, then dark, and so on.

It'd be neat if Badspot could read from the system clock, and implement a "real-time" lighting system.  Basically, the way that LEGO Creator did it.  When night comes, the lights go on.  When dawn/sunrise comes, the lights go off.  If that happened, I'd play in the evening during sunset/dusk more, as well as dawn/sunrise.  I thought it was neat to watch the transition.

Do note, I think that'd be awesome if such a thing was to be implemented.  However, I I strongly doubt it will happen.  Very strongly...  I just thought I'd mention it, since it would be pretty neat, if it happened.  Mouser X over and out.

Its possible Mouser. It's been done in AoT, 'cept its not in realtime but thats very easily done.