Author Topic: MS3D model appearing dark.  (Read 1248 times)

In MS3D the 3D model preview is very dark. Only the top faces are sort of light. The textures aren't every dark, I used the same textures on different models and they aren't very dark. It's not too dark with it flat shaded just textured and smooth shaded. I want to make an icon for the weapon I'm making but in the icon I want textures and It's too dark. How do I make it brighter?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 06:02:34 PM by Plexious »

In MS3D the 3D model preview is very dark. Only the top faces are sort of light. The textures aren't every dark, I used the same textures on different models and they aren't very dark. It's not too dark with it flat shaded just textured and smooth shaded. I want to make an icon for the weapon I'm making but in the icon I want textures and It's too dark. How do I make it brighter?
Select the whole model then do this:
Edit>Refresh Textures

Select the whole model then do this:
Edit>Refresh Textures
Couldn't find anything like that. I'm on MS3D 1.8.4 if that helps.

Couldn't find anything like that. I'm on MS3D 1.8.4 if that helps.
I am too. Ok so when you select your whole model go to the top where it says: File, Edit, Vertex, Face, etc and click on edit, then all the way at the bottom of the edit options click "Refresh Textures"

I still don't see it.
At the bottom of Edit there is Hide Selection and Unhide All. No Refresh Textures.

What's the shortcut for it?

It should be right there, and by looking at it, there's no shortcut. You should try reinstalling or trying google. :S

-snip-
It should be right there, and by looking at it, there's no shortcut. You should try reinstalling or trying google. :S
Yea i tried taking a picture of that but FRAPS doesn't do that for the pop out window.

I reinstalled MS3D and the Refresh Textures function showed up.
But, when I refreshed the textures nothing happened.

It's all fixed. For some reason the shading messed up and was fixed when I went through the flatshading steps.