Author Topic: man of smart - Clearly can't listen worth a stuff.  (Read 20539 times)

I didn't say he ended his post with an interrobang. You're sorely mistaken.
You're right, you said "Using an interrobang", when in reality, there were no interrobangs in his post.

You're right, you said "Using an interrobang", when in reality, there were no interrobangs in his post.

This is like the 3rd time you've done this. If this were a game of baseball, you'd be struck out and your team would laugh and probably spit in your direction as you came back into the dugout. But this is softball, so you still have one more strike.

This is like the 3rd time you've done this. If this were a game of baseball, you'd be struck out and your team would laugh and probably spit in your direction as you came back into the dugout. But this is softball, so you still have one more strike.
tl;dr "you're wrong!!!1"

That is completely irrelevant to what I was saying. Please try to address the point, instead of making poorly worded softball metaphors.

That is completely irrelevant to what I was saying. Please try to address the point, instead of making poorly worded softball metaphors.

What you were saying was sort of like the assumed horizontal arc that a curve ball takes; in reality it's moving directly towards the catcher's glove, even though the illusion suggests that it's taking a round-a-bout route as if the softball could veer off course and correct itself with only its own kinetic energy and random wind currents to steer it.

What you were saying was sort of like the assumed horizontal arc that a curve ball takes; in reality it's moving directly towards the catcher's glove, even though the illusion suggests that it's taking a round-a-bout route as if the softball could veer off course and correct itself with only its own kinetic energy and random wind currents to steer it.
That's very nice, Stocking. A+. It still does not address my point. You said that using an interrobang made it seem like he was laughing at his own joke. However, he did not use an interrobang, but instead a plain old exclamation point.

That's very nice, Stocking. A+. It still does not address my point. You said that using an interrobang made it seem like he was laughing at his own joke. However, he did not use an interrobang, but instead a plain old exclamation point.

While the post was in second person, it was addressing the reader. It's sort of like the umpire when he makes his calls. "SAFE" and "OUT" are merely for everyone's knowledge, meant for everyone to hear and his judgement are never exclusive to a single person, as an umpire that doesn't make clear his judgement would be a very, very bad umpire.

While the post was in second person, it was addressing the reader. It's sort of like the umpire when he makes his calls. "SAFE" and "OUT" are merely for everyone's knowledge, meant for everyone to hear and his judgement are never exclusive to a single person, as an umpire that doesn't make clear his judgement would be a very, very bad umpire.
Stocking, what the forget? You clearly are not getting it. You implied that he used an interrobang, more or less. However, he did not. It is literally that simple. He either did, or he didn't. And I think it's pretty clear that he did not use an interrobang in that post, or in any post.

I didn't understand why you mentioned interrobangs in the first place, but now this is confusing.

Stocking, what the forget? You clearly are not getting it. You implied that he used an interrobang, more or less. However, he did not. It is literally that simple. He either did, or he didn't. And I think it's pretty clear that he did not use an interrobang in that post, or in any post.

Yeah, he didn't use an interrobang. It'd be like accusing a 2nd-basemen of covering 3rd when the 3rd-basemen has it covered, so the 2nd-basemen is wasting his time arguing with you when that ball flies down mid-field he's done screwed his entire team and it's partially your fault.

Yeah, he didn't use an interrobang. It'd be like accusing a 2nd-basemen of covering 3rd when the 3rd-basemen has it covered, so the 2nd-basemen is wasting his time arguing with you when that ball flies down mid-field he's done screwed his entire team and it's partially your fault.

Who's on first?!  :cookieMonster:

Yeah, he didn't use an interrobang.
See, now we are getting somewhere. If he did not use an interrobang, why did you imply that he did?

See, now we are getting somewhere. If he did not use an interrobang, why did you imply that he did?

You're making assumptions. If you assume that the ball wasn't caught without looking, and you make your sprint for second base, there's a good chance that you're screwed pretty quickly as that ball would fly faster to the base than you'd be physically able given that you're speeding in the opposite direction.

You're making assumptions. If you assume that the ball wasn't caught without looking, and you make your sprint for second base, there's a good chance that you're screwed pretty quickly as that ball would fly faster to the base than you'd be physically able given that you're speeding in the opposite direction.
Stocking, I am disappointed  with you right now. I thought that maybe you could admit your mistake, and then we'd be on even ground or something like that. Instead, you just make these awkward softball metaphors.

Stocking, I am disappointed  with you right now. I thought that maybe you could admit your mistake, and then we'd be on even ground or something like that. Instead, you just make these awkward softball metaphors.

You always think I make mistakes, but questioning the umpire's verdict only delays that game and risks your team a penalty.