Author Topic: Wheel Hubs and accessories  (Read 2094 times)

Ok. Im making a vehicle thats going to use two wheels. But, these two wheels will be not circles, but ovalish tracks. (a tank). So, i want the tracks to rotate obviously, like wheels do, but first of all how can i change the wheel mount point location and second of all how can i make it so the track doesnt just flip in a 360 rotation? Can anyone help me out here? I want the tracks to move smoothly over the hubcaps. Plz help me out.

well...Just and idea.  Create another wheel model & mount and such on top of the wheel and i think that might work.  Maybe.

fishpen0

but it would be so cool to watch a tank bounce up and down as the "track makes a 360 degree rotation"...

seriously, just make an animated tread then put hidden wheels within the tread, so it would really be a four wheeled vehicle, but look like it was using the treads to drive.

hmmm......at one point, there is the description about the "wheel" that gives mass and radius, and those variables only. so, the script is assuming the "wheel" is a circle, no? so...if i were to insert....an equation for an ellipse instead....might that work? Also, how cna i write where i want the tires to spawn on the vehicle?

it wont even spawn my tank....the console box, with similar lines regarding small other thins, keeeps saying something like ".....:wheel index not bound : hub 131241 ....." . whats with the hub crap? wat is that? how cna i change that?

er yeah. sometimes it says that the model has like 136100 hubs.

A team on GG.com was working on Trads for tanks, they got far but never really got it.

scrolling textures are required here.